Your Montly Bill

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I'm at $225 select-2100 min, 5 lines in total unlimited text pics flixs plus insurance and that's including $29.99 ×2 for my Droid & the wifes Eris

Mine is 218.00 a month w/5 lines 1400 select w/unlimited text/pics etc. 2 Blackberry's 1 Droid and 2 LG Env 2's. And insurance on each phone. I get a 20% work discount.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't text messaging data? Wouldn't it seem that if you have an unlimited data package that your texting should be included?

Texting is not data, that's why there is a 160 Character limit. Texting goes over conventional voice lines, whereas MMS goes over data lines. Both are considered texts though, only because if they weren't no one would ever send a SMS they would only send MMS.

xlapus

Reaction score
$55 before taxes/fees.

Plan includes:
Unlimited Messaging
Unlimited Web Browsing
Unlimited Data Usage
Unlimited Personal Email
Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25

I don't talk/call people really at all, but I am eagerly awaiting a real skype release (or a GVoice invite *hinthint* ;) ) just so I'll have the option.

I used to have the non-pda version of the plan, which was $35 before taxes/fees, and was right around $45-50 after taxes and with the few calls that really had to be made.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't text messaging data? Wouldn't it seem that if you have an unlimited data package that your texting should be included?

Texting is not data, that's why there is a 160 Character limit. Texting goes over conventional voice lines, whereas MMS goes over data lines. Both are considered texts though, only because if they weren't no one would ever send a SMS they would only send MMS.
thank you for clarification :)

Berzerker

Reaction score
$256/mo.

3 lines on a Familyshare, 900 minutes, unlimited txt/pix/flix inside/out, one has unlimited data (droid)

Complete phone/tv/internet FiOS are also on the same bill at $99.99/mo so we get $14.99 off the bill brings it to about $256/mo after fees/taxes.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think I'm getting ripped. 1 droid 1 env2. And my bill after taxes is 134. That's with 700 min, 500 txt and the data plan. I never get close to these I don't think. I might head over to the store tomorrow and see about making some changes.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Before you do that, take a look at your bill and see what you're REALLY paying for. You can do that online, and then when you do that, you know what to ask about at the store.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just need a smaller bill. My wife wants a smartphone too,but we don't want to pay 160 a month for 2 phones, especially when I see others closer to 100

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I pay bout 60 a month my portion of the bill on a family plan 3 lines share 700 mins all have unlimited txt and mine is the only unlimited data plan... 10 bucks for my added line 20 unlimited txting and 30 for data... I txt more than I talk my line averages bout 100 peak mins max.. plus I have a lot of family and friends on verizon..

csutke

Reaction score
I think im getting screwed. But im not sure. Right now for two droid's Ive got the 700 min family plan, unlimited txt on both phones, data on both and insurance on mine. My bill for this month is $203. Does this sound normal? Me and the wife got our phones on Black Friday, so it was in the middle of the billing cycle.

jcardona1

Reaction score
i pay $115 out the door for 2 lines, 1400 minutes, insurance, and unlimited messaging for both. this is with a 23% corporate discount.

but now i will be paying $23 more due to the data plan for my new droid :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
$240-ish...

Family 1400 Minutes
Unlimited text
5 lines
2 Data plans

That's with a Discount of 17%

kwood

Reaction score
I think im getting screwed. But im not sure. Right now for two droid's Ive got the 700 min family plan, unlimited txt on both phones, data on both and insurance on mine. My bill for this month is $203. Does this sound normal? Me and the wife got our phones on Black Friday, so it was in the middle of the billing cycle.

it looks to me like you are paying for your data plans twice, so 4 times total, im no expert but thats what it looks like to me... dont know if that helps or not.

csutke

Reaction score

it looks to me like you are paying for your data plans twice, so 4 times total, im no expert but thats what it looks like to me... dont know if that helps or not.

thats what i thought, but im thinking it may because of the mid cycle change.