You Guys Are Probably Going To Laugh At Me

OP
T
Reaction score
I am now a Droid and Verizon customer. After spending about 2 hours calling every Best Buy, Costco, Verizon retailer and Walmart around me I finally found a Walmart that had not one but TWO Droid Xs in stock. Because it was Walmart, I knew the phones would be dummies, not a real live demo. So I went to a Verizon store first to play around with the live demo before I made my final decision. After playing around with it for about 30 minutes, testing out the web browser, keyboard, camera and camcorder, I decided to buy it. So I drove 50 minutes to the only Walmart that had it within 40 miles of me. Unfortunately, the woman that helped me was a total *****. She barely had any idea what she was doing. She got annoyed that Verizon had put her on hold for so long that she took that anger out of me, and wouldn't let me ask her questions. I wanted to review the contract before finalizing it but she kept shushing me because the person from Verizon was talking to her on the phone. I don't know about you, but as a customer I have never been shushed in my life. When the phone was about to be activated, they gave me a 301 area code. Now 301 is a Maryland area code and I live in Pennsylvania. Why Verizon thought I would even want a Maryland area code...I have no idea. But the woman wouldn't let me ask for a different area code. Because of that, I had to walk over to the Verizon store that was next door after the transaction to change my number. They said that would cost me $15 on my next month's bill. So because I got a rude person, I am out $15. Not a big deal...its only $15. She also wouldn't let me add insurance. She asked me and I said I wasn't sure and I had to call my mom to see if it was okay. She tells the Verizon agent she was on the line with just go ahead and not add it, because she didn't want to wait for me to call my mom to okay the insurance. But I was able to add the insurance when I changed my number.

This woman was such a *****. The whole time I wanted to reach over the counter and slap her across the face. But I love the phone as of right now. I have honestly spent the last 2 hours customizing my home screens and syncing facebook and email and stuff. I haven't even touched the app market yet. Who knows how long I will be messing with this phone once I start downloading apps. The screen is gorgeous and the web browser is blazing fast. Coming from an iPhone 3G, this is a huge step up. I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures or video and upload them to see how good they look. Hopefully, they look great though.

Last edited: