Why the Droid X over iPhone

qman66

Reaction score
As a long time windows mobile user after seeing WP7 previews i was disappointed with the direction they were heading in and decided to make the move to Android since Verizon didnt have the iPhone yet last year. Since getting the Droid X I have fallen in love with the Android platform and am currently in the early stages of learning how to develop. There are a few reasons why I wouldnt make the move to the dark side now, the main reason being the screen size. Going from 4.3 to 3.5 is significant and a deal breaker for me. Also iPhone 4 nor 5 will have 4g, I will likely get the Bionic when it comes out. I am just curious to know why you are sticking with Droid X over iPhone???

jellybean420

Reaction score
As a long time windows mobile user after seeing WP7 previews i was disappointed with the direction they were heading in and decided to make the move to Android since Verizon didnt have the iPhone yet last year. Since getting the Droid X I have fallen in love with the Android platform and am currently in the early stages of learning how to develop. There are a few reasons why I wouldnt make the move to the dark side now, the main reason being the screen size. Going from 4.3 to 3.5 is significant and a deal breaker for me. Also iPhone 4 nor 5 will have 4g, I will likely get the Bionic when it comes out. I am just curious to know why you are sticking with Droid X over iPhone???

One word, Apple. Great for ipods bad for phones. Love my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

Beacause crapple is junk compared to android. Im not even sure this is a real question. If you have to ask you are already wrong.

pmurray633

Reaction score
I love apple, I will probably get bashed for saying it. I have an iPad, iPod, Macbook Pro, and just recently bought a 27 inch iMac. I LOVE them, but when it comes to a phone, let the real people make cell phones...

Janet1025

Reaction score
I just upgraded in November so I have forever until I can upgrade again but even so I just can't see myself going to a smaller screen now...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Droid simply because I can't stand anything Apple. And I like to be able to be in control of my devices.

I like the screen size and the customization of the Droid devices. And the devs and community are top notch in IMHO.

Natey2

Reaction score
It's fairly easy to build and deploy apps on my DroidX. See my post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-app-developers/110690-permissions-my-first-android-app.html

On the iPhone, I believe one needs to pay Apple some kind of Developer fee before the app can be deployed to your iPhone.
With either phone, you can also run the developed app under their respective Emulator for debugging, etc.

However, the iPhone, like my former Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone, does not reboot on its own like my DroidX does occasionally :(
I don't think BlackBerrys reboot at their own will too. :)

These DroidX reboots have been reported by many Android users, and seems to have started after 2.2

But I've been a developer, so I'm used to things rebooting, though not always unexpected reboots... but this may totally piss off end-users who have never had to deal with buggy software.

HayWire

Reaction score
I've had the 3GS and the 3G.. Now, I've got the X and it is by far the best of the phones that I've had, and I have had the gamut.. Original droid, windows.. I'm a phone junkie lol. I like the x for the screen and the openness..

thinman72069

Reaction score
I realize the benefit of some apple products. Yes, even the iphone. Let's be real. But what it came down to when choosing between the big two was basically that the DX has the iphone beat hands down in these categories (among others) that are best for what I need in a smart phone:

Intuitive
Screen size
...and the droid is actually a great phone. To you know, be used for talking to people.

Imagine that.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Do we really need to answer this question??

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
My 2 cents...

Screen size, but that aside, even if Iphone met the screen size of the X there are still many reasons to pick Droid over Apple.

Outside developers for droid
Control over a rooted droid
Better priced applications
Better updates for applications (developers who listen and care)

That is just a few off the top of my head just waking up

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we really need to answer this question??

Not really, but I checked and there hasn't been a current discussion on this since iPhone came to Verizon. So for now it can stay. And you don't have to click on it.;)

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Screen size, customizable, NO ITUNES, battery swap, expand memory.... no iPhone for me. DX is my choice.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I realize the benefit of some apple products. Yes, even the iphone. Let's be real. But what it came down to when choosing between the big two was basically that the DX has the iphone beat hands down in these categories (among others) that are best for what I need in a smart phone:

Intuitive
Screen size
...and the droid is actually a great phone. To you know, be used for talking to people.

Imagine that.

What!!?? You can make phone calls on the X, what do you have to be rooted or something?