Yet another Droid DOES story

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I sell appliances too at Sears, and I fail to see how this is anything more than a gimick. I don't get how you would use that at all? Are you going hand the customer your phone so they can look at reviews, specs, dimensions, etc...

The only time I use the internet at work is if we are going to price match or if they want something I don't have a display model of.

Please explain how you are using this.

When every Tom, Dick and Jane has a bar code scanner on their phones (feature phones too), people will look back and think, "damn, wish I had jumped on this when Lowes did."

Its getting more popular all the time. Backwards thinking of the above sort does not fuel innovation.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Basically it all boils down to having the information at hand.

When I found out how easy it was to make QR codes, I started making them for my astronomy club's website, and some of its publications. Now, if people want to know when our facilities are open, they can scan the code and have a listing on their phone.

I know if I knew anything about developing, I'd have apps for our club. But alas, I'm stupid when it comes to that. :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sell appliances too at Sears, and I fail to see how this is anything more than a gimick. I don't get how you would use that at all? Are you going hand the customer your phone so they can look at reviews, specs, dimensions, etc...

The only time I use the internet at work is if we are going to price match or if they want something I don't have a display model of.

Please explain how you are using this.

I think its for the customers, not the employees. I have scanned barcodes to get price comparisons in stores and saved money (40 bucks on a monitor). by sending them directly to the website they may get more information than the placard in front of the appliance. IF the prices at Lowes are truly competitive then sending customers to the internet might cinch the deal right then and there too.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great story. Let's hope now Lowe's does and gives you a proper reward for coming up with a great idea.:icon_ banana:

+1
Because Safeway would just steal the idea! (don't ask me how I know that one!)