My droid/iphone story

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by huskur, Mar 2, 2010.

1. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

We are on our way to ski.....

Thats how it started. My best friend ( an iphone fan and owner ) and I went to West Virginia to visit some of his family and ski. On our way we find ourselves in a blizzard in southwest WV. It's so bad that i have to pull over to wait it out. Visability was zero and was on a road that i was unfarmiliar with. So my friend pulls out his iphone to call his family and tell them we are on our way but delayed because of the storm but guess what? Zero signal....i laughed:) Looked at my droid..... 3 bars. I gave him my phone to call his family. After that he says to me "maybe i should switch to Verizon, but i LOVE my IPHONE!!". So we are sitting in my truck after 2 hours he says "i wish i could see the radar and see how long this is going to last". He then says, wait a minute!!! Get your droid out and check the weather. So i pull out my droid and look at it a minute or 2 and tell him "why don't you check it on your iphone?" He says, dumba$$ i have no signal. Check your wifi i tell him.......he says whats this adroid crap saying there is wifi here in the middle of nowhere? I then show him the droid again and let him sulk some more. That was a month ago.......he now owns a droid. Wanted it so bad he paid the early out of his AT&T contract.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Beautiful story. You did of course tell him about this forum, correct?
  3. speed4tu

speed4tu New Member

hahaha, way to go! I too was an iPhone owner before the Droid and now I would NEVER turn back!
  4. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

but of course!! He's the type to not sit in front of a PC all the time. He would rather just come to me and be "shown". (visable learner type)
  5. slayda

slayda New Member

Alas, I know the type well, unfortunately. :)
  6. Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris Member

The only part I don't understand is the wifi in the middle of nowhere. Wifi is wifi. Seems if you were picking it up he would.
  7. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed New Member

I think he was referring to a wireless tether he put out allowing the iphone to connect to his droid.
  8. mvezz

mvezz New Member

Great story! I had a similar trip to Chicago, my friend fell in love with my phone and got one about 2 weeks after we got home.

Yea...this type is the bane of my existence. They like to use people like us to do stuff for them. Goes back to the old proverb "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" Unfortunately with technology people don't ever need to learn when they have someone who is tech-savvy as a friend (or in my case brother!!) /rant
  9. Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris Member

Cool, I forgot about that. I always think of tethering to my laptop which I am doing now with droid.
  10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I love reading the iPhone/Droid stories. I just like showing my buddy all the new things I've found that I can do (especially after rooting), which often included making calls that don't drop.
  11. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

would like to give the credit to droid over iphone but it really is vzw +1 att 0. I wonder if our ole buddy luke wilson gonna do a commercial about being able to get a signal in a blizzard.
  12. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I see your point but it is also phone vs phone and also carrier vs carrier.