Yes i got it!!!

MonKENy

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the X. Im pretty happy. Anyway to delete or manage the contacts? I dont want half the ones i have.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Is it because you have all your Facebook contacts included?

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
No, It loaded my backup assistant that was out of date. So now I have lots of contacts that were supposed to be deleted and contacts that have outdated info

MrKleen

Reaction score
That darn backup assistant ... :)

First thing I would do is get rid of that since it's not needed. Google backs up and restores your contacts and apps on it's own automatically.

Backup assistant is redundant bloat.

Im not sure if you can use it to get rid of itself or if you'll have to delete them on your own.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
I should mention im talking about my phone contacts. The ones that are still on my EnV3. not email info just #'s

KHeeney5

Reaction score
When you went through the initial setup, you were asked to include a gmail account. Your phone automatically backs up all your contacts (Name, phone numbers, emails, birthdays, etc..) to your gmail account. If you remove backup assistant and delete all the contacts that you don't want, only the ones you leave will be backed up to google. If you want to do it the easiest way, sign into your google account from your computer's web browser and click the contacts link of the left side. Those are all the contacts on your phone, and when you make changes on there they will be pushed to your phone.

Beka27

Reaction score
How do I permanently disable the VZW backup assistant? I had a similar issue as the OP after rooting my husband's phone today. It pulled in all of his old backup assistant contacts.

(from Beka's DX)