YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

shortsxit

Reaction score
Hi JB,
Yesterday my VZ store had a TB home dock on display. Looked good and it would charge another battery placed on a ledge behind the dock simultaneously. $59.99. 25% off if you bought at least 3 accessories. I asked if it would charge a phone with the extended battery (2300+mah), no one knew. I was concerned that the increased thickness of the phone with the large extended battery would not allow the port on the dock to align with the micro USB on the phone. As I said, No one knew.

Yes, it will. I saw a post (Engadget I think) that showed the dock and mentioned that it will fir a phone with an extended abttery as well as the spare battery will fit either size.

The SKU is HTC6400DTC for the dock. It probably won't be out for a couple of months, but when it does come out, I am getting it!

I know that when you say months, it's a typo. Right? Right?

EdForsythe

Reaction score

EdForsythe

Reaction score
A friend of mine has the Iphone 4 through At&t. I tested both phones and surfed the web at the same time using the same web pages. The thunderbolt was not that much faster than the Iphone which is on 3G. There were even times that it beat the Thunderbolt. Why is that?

Not sure, but it sounds like the TBolt you used had issues, especially if it is on 4G in your side-by-side comparison.

I had recently tried the iPhone 4 through both AT&T and Verizon and my pre-production TBolt was equal or better than the iPhones in performance, and they were all on 3G networks.
So lemme get this right. A $250 TB is "...equal or better." than a $49 iPhone. Sounds like a ringing endorsement for the iPhone. :biggrin:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The iPhone4 isn't $49, that would be a 3G-S (8GB)

A friend of mine has the Iphone 4 through At&t. I tested both phones and surfed the web at the same time using the same web pages. The thunderbolt was not that much faster than the Iphone which is on 3G. There were even times that it beat the Thunderbolt. Why is that?

Not sure, but it sounds like the TBolt you used had issues, especially if it is on 4G in your side-by-side comparison.

I had recently tried the iPhone 4 through both AT&T and Verizon and my pre-production TBolt was equal or better than the iPhones in performance, and they were all on 3G networks.
So lemme get this right. A $250 TB is "...equal or better." than a $49 iPhone. Sounds like a ringing endorsement for the iPhone. :biggrin:

Sent down via a Bolt of lightning!!

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I stopped in to our local Verizon "authorized dealer" which is 2 miles from where I live. It's convenient, but they never have the latest and greatest. I usually go to a Verizon "Store" which takes me much longer to get in and out.

I had a simple question: Do you guys have any accessories for the Thunderbolt? Answer: No.

Then I whipped it out and showed them what I was interested in. These two guys said "We haven't even seen one yet".

I handed it to them and the oooh's and ahhh's were fun to witness. The one guy had a Droid X and he said "I was thinking about one of these. You just sold me". He said they should have them next week.

When I did a speed test and showed them the upload/download speed (just under 20mbps both ways" they kept saying "That's sick". It made my day. :icon_ banana:

Edit: I almost forgot. The reason I posted this here instead of my new home (New TB owners) is because World of JohnBoy was so instrumental in helping me make up my mind. His input and dedication to the flow of information has been very impressive. A tribute to this great forum.

Thanks so much, Johnny. May all your babies be born naked. :) Good luck on the new arrival and thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score

Sure... if you want to be stuck with iTunes on a 3G network.

I'll take Root access, my own music software, and 4G LTE capabilities for $200 any day of the week.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Edit: I almost forgot. The reason I posted this here instead of my new home (New TB owners) is because World of JohnBoy was so instrumental in helping me make up my mind. His input and dedication to the flow of information has been very impressive. A tribute to this great forum.

Thanks so much, Johnny. May all your babies be born naked. :) Good luck on the new arrival and thanks again.

Wow, thanks... I am humbled.

bronc

Reaction score

Isn't the iphone 4 $200-$300? With the 300 dollar model having almost as much storage as the thunderbolt?

HTC FTW

Last edited:

okiepat2000

Reaction score
Extended battery

WJB, you mentioned that you were now using a huge battery. Is it the 2700 HTC battery? If it is, how much thicker does it make the phone?

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
WJB, you mentioned that you were now using a huge battery. Is it the 2700 HTC battery? If it is, how much thicker does it make the phone?

Already answered...

"Take the standard battery out and put the cover on with no battery. Take the standard battery and tape it to the back of the cover, that is exactly what the thickness is of the phone with the 2750mAh battery."

okiepat2000

Reaction score

Already answered...

"Take the standard battery out and put the cover on with no battery. Take the standard battery and tape it to the back of the cover, that is exactly what the thickness is of the phone with the 2750mAh battery."
WOW. That is HUGE!

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

Already answered...

WOW. That is HUGE!

I agree. Extra battery maybe. Big thick ass battery: NO.