YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by WorldOfJohnboy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. BzB

BzB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Car dock will be nice. Doesn't look compatible with any cases though. Also wonder how they're triggering navigation mode?

Johnboy, speaking of cases...how is the finish of the TB holding up in the short time you've had it? Do you think it will hold up over time?

2. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never seen an OEM dock that will accommodate any kind of a case (at least not recently). Too many "aftermarket" options to make it so that it likely wouldn't work anyway. Navigation mode would be interesting... perhaps in the final production run there will be a magnet trigger?

Everything is perfectly fine, though there is a bit of wear on the clearcoat of the kickstand, at the very end of the kickstand. Since it is basically brushed aluminum anyway, not a big deal.

3. bladerealm124

bladerealm124 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have any experience with class 6 or higher micro SD cards in the Thunderbolt? I'm wondering whether it would be worth the investment for a class 6 or 10 card for faster taking/loading of pictures and videos. If I'm not mistaken the 32gb card that comes with the TB is a class 4?

4. robrecht

robrecht Member

Ratings:
    +0
    #688 robrecht, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  5. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    i remember waiting for droid few years back... that was intense, same thing going on with TB

6. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    The only two Micro SD's I have are Class 4's (which the TBolt comes with).

7. EdForsythe

EdForsythe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems that the slightly maligned VZ sales rep who told me that "...accessories were coming in." was correct:icon_ banana:

8. CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice design.

9. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Also note the audio cable "clips" on the right side of that picture for some built-in cable management... very much like the Droid X Car dock that I have.

10. Sleeve

Sleeve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Liking the car dock a lot, nice to see you don't have to connect the power cable separately and then have it fall out a dozen times. I pulled over on a highway once to clean the USB jack on my D1 so the cord would stay in, state trooper comes by to check if I'm ok. No problem officer, just a little pocket lint.

Odd that it goes straight to nav mode rather than a car mode with a few large icons. No biggie, all I'd really want is voice search and I can map that to the hardware key. And I guess the nav image on the TB can't show Google Maps on the packaging, that's some sort of generic nav system that fortunately doesn't look like VZNav.

Video chat? That's legal in what state?

11. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, a follow up to the 4G/LTE toggle issue we were discussing last night. BMX was on AC forums tonight and commented on it.

SUB-dawg: is there a 4G toggle widget on the bolt?

BMX: as for the toggle, it depends on what testing firmware you are running some devices do and some dont... retail units will have it either through built in or app installed..

This sounds very plausible & explains why our OP doesn't have it on his device. I think it's possible that they have different groups of testers trying different firmware versions, to see which one works best. They probably have the ability to send any updates to only certain groups (like by the esn/ meid number). This last bit is just my take on it, not claiming to have anymore inside info than the rest of you.:)

12. rage151

rage151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOJ, thank you for all of the info! This page says that the TB supports GIF's...but it is not specific as to where. I.e., in the browser only, browser and native gallery, etc... I am wondering if you can check the native photo gallery app to see if it will display animated GIF's?

HTC Thunderbolt

Thanks in advance!

Search tags for this page
928 epst

internet connection mode adr6300

lumia 928 epst password
lumia epst
mydemo 70