Yahoo Sets A Bid Deadline of April 11

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
th

Yahoo has set a deadline of April 11 for the submission of bids for its internet business which includes search, mail and news sites and Asian assets.

Yahoo has struggled to increase its advertising business to compete with market leaders Google and Facebook which has put pressure on Chief Executive Marissa Mayer. Her plan to push mobile, video, native and social media ads was not a success.

Yahoo’s stake in Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba is its most valuable asset. Bought in 2005 for $1 billion and is now worth around $24 billion.

Yahoo wanted to spin-off its Alibaba holding but didn’t because the IRS, would not say if the deal would be tax free – which could have led to a $9 billion tax bill.

I find it hard to believe that a company the size of Yahoo doesn't employee tax people who can figure that out.

Who do you think can afford and would benefit most by acquiring Yahoo? Google, Facebook or perhaps Apple?

WSJ

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Worst run tech company ever. They were poised to be the Google that Google became and just stubbed their toe over and over again.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw this coming about a decade ago. I used to solely use yahoo for everything, and then Google happened and rest was history.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google could buy out the competition but may likely just let it die and pick up the pieces.

Apple could benefit but if they wanted to buy they would have already done it.

Facebook don't need Yahoo.

I can see them letting the company die and they pick off the pieces they need, Apple their search engine, Google their news, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk