Verizon Proceeding with 'First-Round' Bid to Acquire Yahoo; Google Considering it Too

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yahoo-purple-sign-1920.jpg

For any of our members who don't follow the financial world, Yahoo has been struggling for quite some time. It should come as no surprise considering that Google rules the world of search. Because of this, Yahoo has been trying to sell itself off recently.

The latest report indicates that Verizon is proceeding forward with a "first-round" bid to acquire Yahoo. Supposedly, "Verizon and its subsidiary AOL Inc. are working with at least three financial advisers on the Yahoo bid." Industry insiders report that Google is also considering a bid to snap up Yahoo (although we suspect Google would have to jump through some hefty regulatory hurdles even if they won the bid).

While Verizon and Google are the highest profile companies expected to make a bid, they aren't the only ones. Here's a quote with a few more details,

"Time Inc. is still evaluating a bid, while private equity funds Bain and TPG -- among others -- are also planning to make a run at the business, either alone or by backing a strategic acquirer, the people said.

While the buyout firms haven’t yet paired themselves with a strategic buyer, they are open to the idea of doing so, the people said." ~ Bloomberg

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
AT&T should buy Yahoo. It will be a reunion of epic proportions. (sarcasm)

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I wouldn't mind if Google got it but I DO NOT want VZW buying it... The last thing I need is a ton of Yahoo bloat pushed to my phone that I don't want....

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Yahoo blows. I can't believe they are still around to quite honest.

Even a dozen years ago they had a reputation of killing their products and sure enough when they acquired MusicMatch they proceeded to destroy what was the best music library software.

Don't even get me started on how many times someone in my contacts with a Yahoo email account gets hacked and strange, bogus emails get sent out to their entire contact list.

I literally put my head in my hand and shake my head, every time I think of that company.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yahoo blows. I can't believe they are still around to quite honest.

Even a dozen years ago they had a reputation of killing their products and sure enough when they acquired MusicMatch they proceeded to destroy what was the best music library software.

Don't even get me started on how many times someone in my contacts with a Yahoo email account gets hacked and strange, bogus emails get sent out to their entire contact list.

I literally put my head in my hand and shake my head, every time I think of that company.
I agree with the accounts getting hacked.... I actually blocked all my Yahoo contacts because I was tired of all the spam. Don't know what kind of loophole they had that allowed that but it was crazy

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wouldn't mind if Google got it but I DO NOT want VZW buying it... The last thing I need is a ton of Yahoo bloat pushed to my phone that I don't want....
Agreed, although Verizon already does partner with Yahoo (for instance my wife's email at Yahoo is double branded with Verizon), so it's highly probable.
a1f1e373a722f9452876b9349ee3bde6.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk