Yahoo mail

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
I just switched to ud8 today and I can't get yahoo mail to activate in the email program, it worked with sapphire 1.0, stock frg10, and stock 2.1. what could the problem be? It tells me my username and pasword are wrong, they are not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
Had the same issue. I ended up downloading K9 Mail, which seems to be doing the trick.

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Same prob here as well. Thanks for suggesting k9, I really like it better! But I still wonder what the prob with the email is??

Boostjunky

Reaction score
It must be running an older version of the E-mail app. I set mine up today. All you have to do is set it up manually. After entering your login information, click on "manual setup", click IMAP, and where it has a dialog box labeled IMAP, make sure it says imap.mail.yahoo.com inside. Click done. Then for the outgoing settings that will show up next, inside the dialog box labeled SMTP, make sure it says smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. Done! Should work like a champ, now!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why not just use the Yahoo! mail app?

I prefer K9 because I already have 2 email clients (k9 and Gmail). Didn't need a 3rd one. If I only used Yahoo and not a couple others like Time Warner and my website then it would be good stuff.