Yahoo Mail?

txskeets

Reaction score
Am I missing something with setting up my Yahoo Mail account on the Droid? I have the normal yahoo mail account (not the mail plus), and when I try to set it up through the email application it just keeps telling me invalid username or password (and I am typing them correct). What am I missing here?

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
I found this and it worked for me. It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

350-Jason

Reaction score
anyone know the setting on a school email? i can't get them to work.
@fsu.edu
and
@eagle.fgcu.edu

DroidChopper1

Reaction score
I found this and it worked for me. It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Good deal. This worked! Thank you!!!!

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help. I'm coming from a Blackberry so I've been spoiled with the push email on the Berry. Having to get used to not getting that instant email notification on the yahoo account (granted, it pulls every 10 minutes). I may look at yahoo's mail plus upgrade and see what I think about that.

csquarefarm

Reaction score
Work's great - Thanks.

Dittio on the thanks It works great. FYI, I was able to select 5 minute checks. Still not push but not too bad.

manbearpig

Reaction score

Where's the SMTP Server part? I just see the Imap server and a Imap server prefix.
Setting up my yahoo, gmail, and exchange was effortless on my iPod touch...wtf:icon_ banana:

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
When you click next after entering the IMAP part it will bring you to the next screen to enter the SMTP stuff.

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
Make sure you are only putting your username in and not the @yahoo.com part. Make sure your not changing any of the ports and are entering the IMAP server exactly as shown.

ppphfwhatever

Reaction score
imap.mail.yahoo.com
port 143
security type none

still just says username or password incorrect?

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
Are you doing a manual setup?? Or are you just going to email and putting in your username and password and then getting that error. You have to do a manual setup on this.