xoom tethering

Reaction score
hello,
i want to tether my droid 1 to my xoom wifi. i first learned that the droid needed to be rooted, so i rooted it. i then downloaded barnacle and a couple other wireless tethering apps. all worked fine with my laptop, but my xoom showed the network "out of range". after research i learned that the droid 1 must be tethered with bluetooth because the xoom wont connect to an ad hoc network (huh?). i tried the bluetooth tethering but it only shows "paired but not connected". i tried downloaded the ap wireless tethering to my droid 1 as it claims to make the bluetooth work, but the application isnt in the market when i search for it with my phone (although it shows up on my xoom). i downloaded the app i think i need for this and when i go to install it i get an "out of space" error (i have plenty of room, removed all apps except swype). what does it take to wireless tether a xoom to a droid 1? i dont want to have to upgrade to an X to be able to tether.
thanks,

Newps

Reaction score
I just used the wireless tether app, set it to bluetooth and off I go. Bluetooth tether is horrible compared to wifi but it's better than nothing.

Reaction score
Remember the press release where moto said the droid 1 couldn't tether, it's true in Ad Hoc mode, it doesn't have the chipset to support "wifi" tethering, but Bluetooth tethering works fine, and Wireless Tether for Root is the only app that supports BT tethering.