So now can you take that Bluetooth connection and broadcast it on wifi hotspot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
So now can you take that Bluetooth connection and broadcast it on wifi hotspot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Basically you are just sharing your phones internet with your XOOM over a Bluetooth connect, the first post is updated to help get this working for others.

Cardini

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it on the first droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have and I couldn't get it to work. I tried wireless tether first and even though my wife's ipad found and connected the zoom never even found the ssid. Bluetooth paired but never connected . It's probably my rom!

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it on the first droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have and I couldn't get it to work. I tried wireless tether first and even though my wife's ipad found and connected the zoom never even found the ssid. Bluetooth paired but never connected . It's probably my rom!

I'm in the same boat as you and having the same issue. I could not get this combination of devices to work neither. Anyone have any other suggestions?

SHWELL

Reaction score
Worked great for me as well.

I am connecting through my Rooted Droid X.

I did not activate my Xoom yet for the 3G network. I was able to connect using this technique, but I skipped the Airplane mode step and it worked. I did not do this on purpose, just missed that line. But it worked.

WillC

Reaction score
Thanks!

Works perfectly on my DX running Gummy Jar. Thanks so much Newton for taking the time to provide the great instructions!

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
Works perfectly on my DX running Gummy Jar. Thanks so much Newton for taking the time to provide the great instructions!

No problem man, when I found out that this worked I was in such shock that I felt the need to spread the word immediately. It doesn't even seem like something that should work but clearly its built into the XOOM/honeycomb in some fashion.

Jill2813

Reaction score
I used PDA net and connect very well no contract for me

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

jayxpx

Reaction score
has anybody done testing as to battery life for either the xoom or phone using this method? I am using my rooted droid 2 and typically just use wireless tether...will this be better for battery or stronger connection at all?

PNW Droid

Reaction score
Got a Xoom yesterday and was going to be bummed if I wasn't going to be able to tether to my Droid X. Saw your post, tried it out., worked like a charm. Thank you! No rooting necessary for any device. It worked with accepting connection on both device.

Phone - blutooth, and wifi on.
Xoom - blutooth and airport mode on

Not a techie person so glad the steps aren't complicated

Last edited:

rbednar

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that this works with a Droid Incredible? Newton - thanks so much for posting this! No one wants to pay for a second data plan when we are already paying for a phone data plan. This would solve the problem for so many users, myself included.

Trixie

Reaction score
Thanks for the ray of hope. I plan to give this a shot with my G2. Any reason to suspect that it wouldn't work?