Xoom 4g or wifi

estobaughn

Reaction score
I might swap out my droid1 and get a xoom 3g and a dumb phone. Or should I wait for the wifi only version and bluetooth tether to my droid? I am still wieghing the pros and cons any input?

Pros for 4g xoom:
Call/data together
Faster phone call(takes me about 10-15 seconds to dial)

Cons:
Can't put xoom in my pocket ( I don't wear jncos anymore)
Bluetooth tethering not 4g

Sent from my Droid

OP
E

estobaughn

Reaction score
Not sure exactly. They said pricing for my average use would be the 5 gigs for 50. I did not ask if the 4g upgrade would up the monthly fee. I'll call 611 and find out
Sent from my Droid

OP
E

estobaughn

Reaction score
3g 5gigs is 59 a month and 4g 5gig is 50. I asked why the 3g is more expensive, just roll with it, that's what she said.

Sent from my Droid

OP
E

estobaughn

Reaction score
If I had the cash that would prob be the best bet. I picked up the 3g/4g xoom today and got and LG texting phone. I am liking it so far except that, I can't get audible for android on here yet. So it looks like the old droid is still gonna get some use.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

nolanandy

Reaction score
3g 5gigs is 59 a month and 4g 5gig is 50. I asked why the 3g is more expensive, just roll with it, that's what she said.

Sent from my Droid

it would cost you over $50 to download 3-4 HD movies to your device, am I missing something here?

OP
E

estobaughn

Reaction score
I guess, I don't think I'd be downloading movies if I am paying that much for data. There are plenty of starbucks and mcdees around with free wifi if I really need to have it immediately.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App