X inventory must be good...

brian4120

Reaction score
Good news folks, I had stated last night that I had gotten little information from verizon about my 7/25 droid x order. I just got home to find an email giving me my tracking number

Tomorrow by 3pm! Its coming from ONTARIO, CA, so that's not too bad (I'm in western Washington)

Keep hope fellow Droid X hunters, your packages shall come (hopefully)

On a side note I am disappointed about the lack of information from verizon...

EDIT:
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but how does VZW notify you that the X has shipped? I have a VZ-FiOS email, would they use that? I ordered on 7/25 and the agent said ship date would be 8/4 but I'm seeing more and more ppl receiving it early, and I would like to know as close as possible the arrival date so it doesn't sit on my front porch for anyone to steal while I'm at work.
They will send notification emails to whatever address you specified on your VZW account. Also that date is basically them saying that it will ship BY that date.
Also it looks like someone will need to sign for it.

Last edited:

DroidD3

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, just a heads up, I was in the indoor shopping mall with my wife and ran across a very small Verizon kiosk. For kicks (thinking i already knew the answer) .. I asked the lady if she happened to have any DX's? Wha-da-ya-know, they had a few in stock. She told me she thinks many don't even ask since they are so small and only display the older phones.

So don't overlook those small verizon kiosk stands in the mall. they may surprise you.

Lest to say, I went home happy with my new DX in hand. Canceled my order with my local Verizon. :)

WhipSmart

Reaction score
Also it looks like someone will need to sign for it.

Ironically, literally as I was writing that message, I got an email from VZW (I didn't even know they had it, it's been so long since I set that up). Ship date was today and est arrival is Monday 8/2. It says that it does require signature, but my experience with FedEx around here is that the driver will sign for it themselves and leave it. I've had it happen more than once with expensive computer parts. I've been lucky so far and nothing's ever gone missing, but I hope it gets here before Monday. Otherwise, I'm going to have to take a long lunch. :)

nessa

Reaction score
i bought my droid on 7/25 still have not received anything. i have called vz cs twice first time told ship day 8/3 now 8/4 how is that even possible when others have already received...

Rindaen

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting to find one locally and made the order for an X tonight. Said it would ship by 8-11 so we shall see.

Moving From :iphone: to dancedroid

georgepink

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, I've called now 3 times. Spoke to a super yesternight (that's my son's word) anyway, he basically called you guys liars. Yup, told me not to believe what I read online, they are NOT shipping and getting delivered early...ever. If you were told shipped by xx, that's what it is. In fact he blamed motorola for the problem, saying they just have not been able to keep up with demand and never expected such a demand. Yeah, right.

Anyway, at least he did offer me something I never thought of, if my TP2 dies prior to getting my X, (which is my fear) I can RE-enable my old blackberry. Great idea, simple, yet I never thought of it.

validoption

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, I've called now 3 times. Spoke to a super yesternight (that's my son's word) anyway, he basically called you guys liars. Yup, told me not to believe what I read online, they are NOT shipping and getting delivered early...ever. If you were told shipped by xx, that's what it is. In fact he blamed motorola for the problem, saying they just have not been able to keep up with demand and never expected such a demand. Yeah, right.

Anyway, at least he did offer me something I never thought of, if my TP2 dies prior to getting my X, (which is my fear) I can RE-enable my old blackberry. Great idea, simple, yet I never thought of it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i ordered it through tele-sales on 7/20, was told they were shipping by 8/3, and got a shipped email on 7/27, received it yesterday.

Sent from my DROIDX

phillyphill39

Reaction score

Oh no he didn't.
Maybe they don't want you to have it. Got mine a whole week early.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thenabbster

Reaction score

I was inclined to believe you after ordering mine on Saturday 7/24 around 11:30AM EST (Boston), and not getting any shipping details since then, BUT, I just got a tracking number!! Its coming monday 8/2. I think New England is more backed up than CA from what I am seeing in these forums. Your thoughts??

iHad a G1

Reaction score
nah, the supervisor is right. We're all collaborrating in on this to make your life miserable....

no, some of us have lives, I for one am still being yelled at by the wife for dropping $600 on a phone. I told her I needed it... Haha

georgepink

Reaction score
nah, the supervisor is right. We're all collaborrating in on this to make your life miserable....

no, some of us have lives, I for one am still being yelled at by the wife for dropping $600 on a phone. I told her I needed it... Haha

I didn't suggest in any way that I believed there was a conspiracy afoot...nor do I think VZ 'doesn't want me to have an X'

was simply relaying what they said to me.

iHad a G1

Reaction score

I didn't suggest in any way that I believed there was a conspiracy afoot...nor do I think VZ 'doesn't want me to have an X'

was simply relaying what they said to me.

haha, just giving you a hard time... Now if you were that supervisor, we'd be going at it, southern style.:icon_ banana:

Fuimusbruce

Reaction score
hey just a little tip guys. If you are getting it shipped by FEDEX it does say "requires signature" but its indirect signature. That means you can have a neighbor sign for it or if you dont have that you can leave a signed note on the door with the tracking information asking them to leave it.

My door has its note on it now.

Nemesisjad

Reaction score
I was inclined to believe you after ordering mine on Saturday 7/24 around 11:30AM EST (Boston), and not getting any shipping details since then, BUT, I just got a tracking number!! Its coming monday 8/2. I think New England is more backed up than CA from what I am seeing in these forums. Your thoughts??

Similar situation here; I ordered mine on the 24th around noon and did not get a tracking until today; it should be arriving on Tuesday; I live in the East Coast so theres probably more demands here