Would you switch to this phone?

cdguylhs

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the Droid Charge. I am having problems with the phone and I might get to switch to the LG Revolution. I was wondering what you think of the phone and would you still get it or not and why?

ultra63

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the Droid Charge. I am having problems with the phone and I might get to switch to the LG Revolution. I was wondering what you think of the phone and would you still get it or not and why?

the Revo is almost useless from lack of RAM unless you root it

holla420

Reaction score
Yea Wat ultra said.u would be pissed if u get the revolution unless u want a new cup holder

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

eodlrd

Reaction score
My wife has one and it is perfect for her. Texting, calls, video chat and very minor web browsing.

But I think she is pushing the phones limits. When I pick it up to do something, I am underwhelmed every time.

Big Cam

Reaction score
the Revo is almost useless from lack of RAM unless you root it
You've got to be kidding? The REVO is great, it has something like 368mb which is plenty, it has 2g dedicated for the OS and apps, I have 1.2gb free still, the RAM is actually only used as RAM on this phone, so it functions great.

With the 2.3 update a few days ago, this phone is finally where it should be, no more black screen of death.

To the Thread Starter, absolutely get it. The screen isn't as crystal clear as the charge, but it's WAY brighter.

holla420

Reaction score
LG sucks when it comes to mobile devices.I use to love LG.I've had 4lg phones and all was bad plus w/little to no developers but i went against my judgement and got the revo.at first I loved it but the like all my other LG phones it started to black out restarting itself dropping calls and at least 4x day I had to pull battery out cause phone freezing.I mean I don't like LG but that's my opinion and experiences I had w/them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

brbal

Reaction score
I like my revo; does use a lot of battery but if u get the expansion battery its fine. Only prob with the RAM is the blotware. Haven't had any troubles with restarts or freezes. I would like to root it though if anyone figures out how to root the new update so that I can remove blotware.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

bwong

Reaction score
Love the revo, I had restart problems before the gingerbread update but after the update its gone, i have yet to find a game that will make my revo struggle and I play a lot of them. The only complaint is battery life which honestly isn't so bad, looking at all my friends it is about on par with them, this is looking between bionic, droid 2, and incredible 2. If you are just looking for a phone to switch and your contract is not up I would say its not worth the 200, unless you can find it cheaper. if your contract is up i would go with the new razr or bionic i heard both are pretty sweet. Edit: I am on verizon if you wanted to know