Revolution not wanting to connect with mac

nbraun

Reaction score
Hello! Ive recently bought the lg revolution and switching from my enve 3 its been great. But ive been having a problem. I tried to connect it so i could use pdanet but my mac said it could not read. Ive gone through others instructions but they dont seem to work. Any tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
N

nbraun

Reaction score
Well i try to do that but i cant finish the install. I download it and where my notifications bar is i double click and it goes away. I cant find wherevit downloaded to.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Did you follow these instructions:

[h=3]Download and Install[/h]
  • Step 1: Click Download Now above.
  • Step 2: When the download completes, double-click androidfiletransfer.dmg.
  • Step 3: In the Installer window, drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
[h=3]Use Android File Transfer[/h]
  • Use the USB cable that came with your Android device to connect it to your Mac.
  • Double-click Android File Transfer to open it the first time (subsequently, it opens automatically).
  • Browse the files and folders on your Android device, add folders, copy files up to 4GB to or from your Mac, delete files, and more.
  • Choose Help > Android File Transfer Help to learn more.

OP
N

nbraun

Reaction score
ok, got it downloaded and installed but it is still doing the same thing.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
ok, got it downloaded and installed but it is still doing the same thing.

Hmm, wish I could be of more help but I don't have a MAC. Can someone with a MAC chime in here! :D

@nbraun: Did you check the help link

djembeman

Reaction score
Confused!

Hmm, wish I could be of more help but I don't have a MAC. Can someone with a MAC chime in here! :D

@nbraun: Did you check the help link

I'm confused as to why you need to install some file transfer program. I didn't and haven't needed any special software to connect any 4 of my Android phones over the years to my Mac. Original Droid, LG Revolution, Droid Bionic and my wife's LG Ally.

To use PDA Net you need to select a different USB mode and have USB debugging enabled in Applications, Development settings. To mount your SD card to transfer files to or from your computer, you need to use the Mass Storage USB setting. For PDA Net on my Bionic I need to use the Charge Only setting. If you are using an old cable USB cable for a different phone it may not work. My Bionic needs the supplied USB cable in order to work. My old revolution cable would only charge my Bionic, nothing else.

If you are using a non-Intel chip based Mac you may run into tethering problems, I think you need to be running Snow Leopard or above. Please let us know if anything has worked.

OP
N

nbraun

Reaction score
well, i put it in usb debug mode and clicked the message that said it was for developers, but i didn't get anything in the notification bar saying i had it on. im not sure that the revolution does that but saw it eslewhere. im not sure if im running snow leopard but, it says i have version 10.6.7 on a 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo, if that helps any.

djembeman

Reaction score
A little more info please?

Can you let us know what you have done so far? Did you follow instructions from the PDANet website? Did you install the required PDANet software on your Mac.

PDANet's website says it supports Mac OS X 10.5 and above, but it doesn't work on the older PowerBook models.
I have Mac OS X 10.6.8, you may have an OS update waiting. Are you using a MacBook Air, or do you have an older MacBook? Mine is from 2004 and it has a 2.4 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

1. With debugging enabled, when you plug your phone into your computer, you should get a USB connection symbol in your notification bar on your phone, this is where you can select which USB mode you want to use. Are you getting this at all?

2. When you are in the correct mode with USB Debugging enable in settings, you will see an icon that looks like a ladybug. This means your phone is ready to tether.

3. If you have PDANet software installed and running on your Mac you should see an icon on your menu bar that shows if your phone is connected by USB Debugging. You can choose different USB Modes on your phone until you see the red x go away.

4. You can now open PdaNet on your phone and click enable USB tethering.

5. Click on the PdaNet icon on your Mac and click connect. You should see a little globe icon show up on your Mac PdaNet icon. If you don't have any other internet connections active you should now be using your 3G/4G internet on your Mac.

PdaNet Desktop for Mac

Hope this gets you headed the right direction.

OP
N

nbraun

Reaction score
Thank you! Ive got it working now. Just had to go through all the steps correctly... im still getting the message but my phone does connect.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums