I like to call it the LG thunderbolt

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The exact same specs, processor, battery, screen size, and similar look from the front.

[video=youtube;koNKXFHamS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koNKXFHamS8]YouTube - ‪LG Revolution Unboxing‬‏[/video]

If you are passing on the tbolt because of battery issues then you might want to pass on this as well. Looking at the battery in that vid (with is about the same as in the tbolt) with a simiar screen size and same processor, I am expecting the LG revolution to have the same battery issues.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get why LG didn't rebrand the G2x for Verizon. That's a phone that would make me stay.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't get why LG didn't rebrand the G2x for Verizon. That's a phone that would make me stay.

That would have been the better choice but it seems like LG was rushing to put a phone out at CES for vzw. I wish LG would have went all out for this release, but it seems no oem is doing that for vzw this year.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WlHgg7BlzOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlHgg7BlzOY]YouTube - ‪LG Revolution UI Quick Overview‬‏[/video]

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
+1, Still one of the best keyboards I've used on a phone.

leonozug

Reaction score
Ironically, the Droid Charge gets the best 4G battery life out of them all so far, so you charge it less...the Thunderbolt SHOULD have been called the HTC Charge, since it seems that's what you have to do constantly being an owner of one. :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the ram? Doesn't the TB have more ram. LG 512, TB 768?

Psykho

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting really tired of all the thunderbolt bashing I have a non rooted bolt with stock battery and make it from 7am to 11pm no problem I use Pandora a couple hours a day,surf the web quite a bit, use navigation daily, and check apps like facebook and droid forums all the time as well as text and gtalk . I do have 4g when I'm at work and I turn 4g off at home because I don't have it there and I barely ever use wifi I could at home but 3g on this phone is fast enough for most things .

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting really tired of all the thunderbolt bashing I have a non rooted bolt with stock battery and make it from 7am to 11pm no problem I use Pandora a couple hours a day,surf the web quite a bit, use navigation daily, and check apps like facebook and droid forums all the time as well as text and gtalk . I do have 4g when I'm at work and I turn 4g off at home because I don't have it there and I barely ever use wifi I could at home but 3g on this phone is fast enough for most things .

it does honestly have pretty bad battery life, but its nothing an extended battery won't fix.
Most HTC phones have pretty bad battery life.

Psykho

Reaction score
And as far as reboots I got two after the update and did a factory reset and haven't had any since or at least I haven't noticed any. My wife also has one and has all the same results except she had a few more reboots because she didn't want to do a reset but finally did and she hasn't noticed any since either

Psykho

Reaction score
I do agree that you could kill it fast if you tried but Im a moderate to heavy user (1.5-2 gbs a month) and i have no problems. I came from an OG droid and i say my bolt last just as long as my droid did.

Psykho

Reaction score
I guess Im just tired of everyone saying it has to be charged 2-3 times a day because as Ive said I don't have to and neither does my wife .

p1ngputts

Reaction score
maybe this has been discussed but does anyone know what the requirements for ice cream will be? Since my next phone purchase has to last 20 months, I want something that will be able to update with current software. Unfortunately, my OG Droid hasn't received any good updates in a long long time.

I really think this phone has potential.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe this has been discussed but does anyone know what the requirements for ice cream will be? Since my next phone purchase has to last 20 months, I want something that will be able to update with current software. Unfortunately, my OG Droid hasn't received any good updates in a long long time.

I really think this phone has potential.

Here is what phonescoop says http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=8112

I know that gingerbread ran horrible on my droid 1 because of ram and great in my nook which had more ram. I wouldnt be surprised if ice cream needed more ram or a dual core...but I am just guessing.

Sent from my fascinate