I like to call it the LG thunderbolt

Discussion in 'LG Revolution' started by pc747, May 25, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

The exact same specs, processor, battery, screen size, and similar look from the front.

If you are passing on the tbolt because of battery issues then you might want to pass on this as well. Looking at the battery in that vid (with is about the same as in the tbolt) with a simiar screen size and same processor, I am expecting the LG revolution to have the same battery issues.
  2. jdk2

jdk2 Member

Great. Another VZW fail. Ughh.
  3. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

I don't get why LG didn't rebrand the G2x for Verizon. That's a phone that would make me stay.
  4. pc747

That would have been the better choice but it seems like LG was rushing to put a phone out at CES for vzw. I wish LG would have went all out for this release, but it seems no oem is doing that for vzw this year.
  5. pc747

6. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

+1, Still one of the best keyboards I've used on a phone.

7. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Ironically, the Droid Charge gets the best 4G battery life out of them all so far, so you charge it less...the Thunderbolt SHOULD have been called the HTC Charge, since it seems that's what you have to do constantly being an owner of one. :)
  8. Stelv

Stelv New Member

What is the ram? Doesn't the TB have more ram. LG 512, TB 768?
  9. Psykho

Psykho New Member

Ok so I'm getting really tired of all the thunderbolt bashing I have a non rooted bolt with stock battery and make it from 7am to 11pm no problem I use Pandora a couple hours a day,surf the web quite a bit, use navigation daily, and check apps like facebook and droid forums all the time as well as text and gtalk . I do have 4g when I'm at work and I turn 4g off at home because I don't have it there and I barely ever use wifi I could at home but 3g on this phone is fast enough for most things .
  10. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

it does honestly have pretty bad battery life, but its nothing an extended battery won't fix.
    Most HTC phones have pretty bad battery life.
  11. Psykho

Psykho New Member

And as far as reboots I got two after the update and did a factory reset and haven't had any since or at least I haven't noticed any. My wife also has one and has all the same results except she had a few more reboots because she didn't want to do a reset but finally did and she hasn't noticed any since either
  12. Psykho

Psykho New Member

I do agree that you could kill it fast if you tried but Im a moderate to heavy user (1.5-2 gbs a month) and i have no problems. I came from an OG droid and i say my bolt last just as long as my droid did.
  13. Psykho

Psykho New Member

I guess Im just tired of everyone saying it has to be charged 2-3 times a day because as Ive said I don't have to and neither does my wife .
  14. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

maybe this has been discussed but does anyone know what the requirements for ice cream will be? Since my next phone purchase has to last 20 months, I want something that will be able to update with current software. Unfortunately, my OG Droid hasn't received any good updates in a long long time.

I really think this phone has potential.
  15. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Here is what phonescoop says http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=8112

I know that gingerbread ran horrible on my droid 1 because of ram and great in my nook which had more ram. I wouldnt be surprised if ice cream needed more ram or a dual core...but I am just guessing.

Sent from my fascinate
  16. pc747

I have a tbolt as well and I agree that an extended battery does wonders for it. As far as the battery complaint, I can live with that because I can fix that with a bigger battery. I think the LG will be a good device for those looking for something else other than moto or tmobile, but all these devices lack what we all wanted from vzw; a dual core LTE device. Now I know the bionic will be dual core and lte but it is locked down and running blur.
  17. pc747

Those with the revolution i would like to know what you think and how the battery life is with the revolution.
  18. KeepItReal

KeepItReal New Member

I think Verizon Wireless has some of the Thunderbolt batteries at 50% off at the purchase of the device. The Go battery is a wall charger with a 1800 mah battery. Don't know if it can charge the battery that came with the Thunderbolt. Its $24.99! ! They should let you get the deal if you already purchased the Thunderbolt if you go back into store. They may have to ship it to you as there was none available in the store.

Swyped from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  19. Triskite

Triskite New Member

Ram

YES. God why does nobody care about RAM anymore?

Revolution is 512, TB is 768. Otherwise, only difference is HDMI out, stock battery size (1400 vs 1500) and LTE/radio chip maker- I think that's it? I like the look of the Revolution and was told it was 768MB... so I bought it. Unfortunately now I'm debating returning it for the TB... extended battery is over 2900 mAh which is more than the extended battery for the TB, however....
  20. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

I have a Droid 1 running cm7 and it's noticibly faster if I use swap. I have 96 MB for my swap size using swapper 2 but actual ram would be so much faster. I hope that these phone manufacturers see that more ram is needed. The best phones I see for Ram size seems to be the ones made by htc. Ram is a spec that is not listed above lot of times when I was searching so maybe there's a better manufacturer but I haven't seen any.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums