Won't connect to 3G/4G, baseband unknown

matty89

Reaction score
Around 4pm yesterday, I lost data. Wasn't doing anything with or to the phone, it was just sitting on my desk. I thought nothing of it at the time, but after about 10 minutes or so, it still wasn't back. So I went through my usual routine of restarting, battery pulling, and toggling airplane mode on and off. Nothing worked. This morning, still no dice. I restored a nandroid back to 5.5.893. No data. I go to about phone and under baseband, it says "unknown."

I was on .901 Eclipse 2.1 RC1 for about a month with zero problems. Yes, I had the occasional data drop, but it would either resolve itself quickly or I would do a battery pull and all was well. Any ideas on what I can do? I think I'm gonna go ahead and do a factory reset, but I'm not sure if that's gonna help. Now, I'm not too technically savvy when it comes to the inner workings of these phones, but if the baseband version is unknown, does that mean that somehow the radio got corrupted? Can I just install a radio zip in recovery???

OP
M

matty89

Reaction score
Looks like I got it working. Before doing a factory reset, I decided to try flashing the 901 update. Went off without a hitch, and now I have data back! Now, I'm gonna try and restore my last nandroid of eclipse. Here's hoping.....