wireless tethering question

vvsabvv

Reaction score
hi i rooted my for and then d/l wireless tethering for root i connected to my comp. and an iphone connected also, but i cant connect my ps3 to the wireless tethering. is there anyway that i would be able to connect to my ps3 via wireless tethering??

thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your phone acts like a router so you'd connect it the same way.

I wouldn't use the PS3 a lot though. That would generate the kind of traffic your phone would never generate and if there is enough of it there is a possibility that traffic will cause Verizon to look in your direction. Probably something you don't want.

Sounds like it is installed correctly, you got other devices to tether through it. I don't have a ps3, but good luck!

Caden

Reaction score
hi i rooted my for and then d/l wireless tethering for root i connected to my comp. and an iphone connected also, but i cant connect my ps3 to the wireless tethering. is there anyway that i would be able to connect to my ps3 via wireless tethering??

thanks
Just make it a wifi hotspot.

oo3rex

Reaction score
wireless tether

The problem is wireless tether for root only functions in ad-hoc mode and ps3 wont connect to an ad-hoc network, it will only connect in infrastructure mode. What you could do is tether to your computer, then plug an ethernet cable in from your computer to your ps3 and enable internet connection sharing on your computer.

Last edited:

ChugIt

Reaction score
What you could do is tether to your computer, then plug an ethernet cable in from your computer to your ps3 and enable internet connection sharing on your computer.

Yep! This is the only way it will work.... And it does work. Just open your internet connections on the PC (once tethered, wired tethering for root users is best) then right click it, properties, advanced and enable the connection to be shared. Go to PS3, easy settings, wired, let it detect, etc. and your PS3 is online. It isn't really fast enough for some games though to be honest.

OP
V

vvsabvv

Reaction score
ya i seen that way to tether by using easy tethering or pdanet, i was just wondering if i would be able to use the wireless tethering too i guess not thanks for the fast reply...

mods can delete this..