Wireless Tether - connected, but not to internet?

~P~

Reaction score
I just rooted my DX with Z4Root, downloaded Wireless Tether for Root, and rebooted. My netbook is connected through Wireless Tether, but I can't get on the internet.

Help?

Please?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Buhler?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check you settings and make sure access control is unchecked.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it working. Yesterday, I helped a member with wireless tether and his fix was turning off access control.

Mike

Kermitdj

Reaction score
I can't get my ps3 to connect at all... Have not tried my laptop yet. Help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zodder

Reaction score
I have a friend who has the same problem trying to connect his PS3 to his Droid. Tagged in case someone has a clue...... :)

vatothe0

Reaction score
It may not support the ad hoc network the free tethering programs create. The paid tethering app through Verizon does not have this restriction.

BCool83

Reaction score
I've got a DX, just DL'd the most current version of Wireless Tether (pre-14), and still have this problem. My computer recognizes and connects to the phone wirelessly, but 95% of the time it's either "Limited Connectivity" (meaning, no internet) or literally just says "Local" only. Access Control is not checked.

Any other thoughts?

Dysan

Reaction score
In case you didn't do it, your phone needs to be rooted to use that app. There's also a backdoor way to use the built in 3g hotspot on it. Turn on the hotspot app, then go into the data manager, data delivery, and then uncheck, then re-check the data enabled.

BCool83

Reaction score
In case you didn't do it, your phone needs to be rooted to use that app. There's also a backdoor way to use the built in 3g hotspot on it. Turn on the hotspot app, then go into the data manager, data delivery, and then uncheck, then re-check the data enabled.

Dunno about the OP, but my phone is rooted. Regarding your backdoor suggestion, I thought any use of the native hotspot app would trigger additional usage charges from VZW...

Extinct

Reaction score
Backdoor does work(tried it for the first time tonight). Not sure about the billing though, anyone know for sure?

ironman0370

Reaction score

I know this is an old thread, but this just now became a problem for me when I went to Windows 7 on my laptop. Thank you very much for your backdoor info above as it helped alleviate my "no internet access" issue, where the built-in hotspot would connect, but was "limited" in this way. as soon as I checked/unchecked that message went way.

Thanks again.....so very helpful and appreciated!

jeff

cw801971

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. But when I first went to GB. every time I got a phone call or text I had to toggle airplane mode on and off to get data back. Don't know if that is the problem you are seeing or not. I just know that is what I have to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk