Wireless Tether not working

BKrazer

Reaction score
Switched to MIUI a few days ago, but just found out that my Wireless Tether application isn't working(or at least for the most part). Before switching to MIUI, it used to work flawlessly right when I activated it, but now it doesn't. Sometimes it does work only for a bit, but then it quickly disconnects and just goes on and off like that. Anyone know a fix for this?

Oh and btw, everytime I try the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot that is built in with MIUI, it gives me an "Error" reading.

loudaccord

Reaction score
the built in WiFi hotspot doesn't work on the D1... delete wireless tether and download it from the market. worked for me.

rocquoone

Reaction score
the built in WiFi hotspot doesn't work on the D1... delete wireless tether and download it from the market. worked for me.

Interesting. It worked for me initially but now it does not. How do you delete it?

loudaccord

Reaction score
drag the icon up to the trash(as long as it's on your desktop and your're not using LP or ADW), that will uninstall the app.

OP
B

BKrazer

Reaction score
Did the uninstalling and reinstalling first thing when I had problems, but I still have the issue of the connection not exactly being stable. I get a TON of connecting/reconnecting, and sometimes it will just go completely out. Before, I had little to no problems with the Wireless Tether and it would hold a fairly stable connection.

OP
B

BKrazer

Reaction score
Well I was using Slayher's LV 1.2 Kernel then switched over to Chevy's ULV 1.2 Kernel, and didn't notice a difference. What's the recommended Kernel that you guys think I should use?

loudaccord

Reaction score
I use this one:

P3 LV 1000 = 250/400/500/600/800/900/1000 - Download

I keep the min 250 and max usually 600 or 800 with SetCPU. I get about 28-30 hours of battery with that.

wseyller

Reaction score
Recently for a while I was using Bugless Beast rom. I don't remember which kernel it comes with but the wireless tether would not work. Laptop would connect but had no internet. I switched to Chevy's ULV 1.0ghz Kernel and it worked perfect after that.

OP
B

BKrazer

Reaction score
Just went back to Chevy's ULV 1.2, and figured out that it eventually works out, if I leave it on long enough. I can live with that lol.

rfwright16

Reaction score
I just replaced wireless tether with barnacle and it seems to work well on my ipod touch.

Droid 1 with froyo/bb 0.6.2