wireless tether and titanium backup problems

TJH_RULZ

Reaction score
Hey I am having issues with two root programs on my OG droid it is/was running
rom=CM6 final/SS 4.73
kernel=stock CM6 P3droid low 1 ghz kernel/ chevy no1 ultra low .8 ghz kernel
I switched kernels and rom and did a complete wipe to see if they would happen again.

For wireless tether my problem is that when torrenting, streaming anything, or surfing the web after a while the internet cuts out. and when I say cuts out I mean my phone cant even use its own internet until a reboot is done. If you try to stick it is airplane mode it doesn't do it till the reboot and the option gets grayed out on the selections. as for the time it takes for each to do it torrenting is 3 min no matter where I cap it at, streaming (which typically takes up more speed then torrenting 1.2 mbs) about 20 min, and surfing is random but always after 3 hours. none of them are related to mb usage some times im at like 500mb other im at like 2mb. I would just like it to be more consistent if anything.

As for titanium it will stop restoring apps after 200 or so no matter which way I have it install them, even manual. And it is not that I have to little of space. And then after that NO APPS install or will even upgrade. However backup still works as well as all other options. Also from time to time my market will say I have downloaded nothing except the apps that came with my phone (that typically dont come with the standard rom) and also what I have bought and even though they are installed it says they are not and market doctor reports no problems.

Any help is nice and sorry for poor grammar

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are not the first person to experience this issue with tethering. I've not had any problems when tethering my phone and Mac Book Pro. I've stayed connected for hours. Try Barnacle and perhaps a different kernel and see it that makes a difference.

I've used Titanium many time. Again, I've not have any issues. I use MyBackUp Pro and it works well. I do not have 200 apps so I'm not sure if that may be the difference.
Mike

OP
T

TJH_RULZ

Reaction score
i got the internet more consistent with barnacle but I would like to know what is wrong with my normal wireless tether. which is why I have listed more than one kernel and also wired does it too.

as for the market I got it fixed I needed to turn off that it can move non app to SD apps to SD

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can not answer that question. What is your "normal wireless tether"?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried a different dev's ROM? I have never had problems any time I have tried to tether, but I have never run CM. Both P3droid and chevy kernels have worked excellently for me, so I really doubt it is a kernel issue.

bucket truck

Reaction score
I had this problem with CM6 and chevys kernels. I reinstalled CM6 and kept its stock kernel and haven't had anymore issues with tether. It was chevys kernels for sure with my problem. I experimented with it a few times, the tether program would freeze and the phone would boot loop everytime.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
(Tethering)
I've had this problem with everything. Sometimes the 3G will cut out under a heavy load, sometimes it'll cut out for no apparent reason. As for why it won't come back on till you reboot, that's a new one by me. I've even had it cut out while websurfing on the phone.

(Ti Backup)
I don't use it, but 200 apps is a lot. Maybe 200 is all Ti Backup will do.

bucket truck

Reaction score
You might want to try a p3 kernel. They have been redone to include : usb tether, wifi tether, cpu temp, and interactive governor.