Wireless tether doesn't like macs?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by VideoGameMatt, Jun 22, 2010.

1. VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the main reasons i rooted was for wireless tether and it doesn't work with my mac for some reason. But i have a netbook running windows 7 and that connects with no problems. Am i doing something wrong? Or does wireless tether not support macs? I've tried wireless tether and barnacle tether and both haven't worked. If it helps im running BB 1.1 with bekits 1 ghz kernel

2. rickdarris2004

Ratings:
    +0
    It shouldn't be a problem to connect to a Mac. My wireless tether connects to both my Macbook and my iPad. I would try some different kernals or see if the stock BB 1.1 works. I am running BB Froyo V.0.2.1 and everything works great on the stock ROM. Might just be something flaky with the install also...

3. mcinvaille

mcinvaille Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently connected using wireless tether on my MBP. However, I do notice that the connection icon looks different on my Mac than normal. It looks like the typical disconnect "wave" except it shows a picture of a monitor inside of the wave.

4. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IIRC it's an ad-hoc connection versus infrastructure. It's possible that might have something to do with the OP's situation.

5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I've flashed several roms (BB, SD, Cyano) and all been able to tether with my Mac Book Pro. At times, I need to press the enable access control.

Mike

6. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had to do that before as well when tethering to my MacBook Pro. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to actually connect for some reason.

7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
  8. VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the most recent version and i got bluetooth PAN working on wireless tether but the wifi still is being odd, it connects but wont give me internet. But using barnacle i can use wifi and that works almost immediately so maybe wireless tether doesn't like me? Over the past few days i've gone from BB 1.1 with the 1 GHz bekit kernel, then a blueberry themed jrummy froyo rom with i forget which kernel, and now i'm back to BB 1.1 and now i'm running the p3 low voltage 1 GHz kernel and wireless tether has never worked with wifi for me.

Search tags for this page

android tether wont connect with mac

barnacle connect mac

barnacle tether os x

how to connect mac to barnicle

how to tether android to mac wirelessly

mac wont connect to wireless tether

macbook wireless tether to android

tether macbook pro to galaxy note ii by bluetooth