kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's true. Just placed my order.

metzor

Reaction score
Pretty annoying, says I'm not eligible for an upgrade since it's my annual upgrade. Argh. Guess I have to go through Verizon no matter what.

ocman

Reaction score
When did it tell you that you were ineligible? I have 3 months left but it let me order.

metzor

Reaction score
When did it tell you that you were ineligible? I have 3 months left but it let me order.

There's a link that says "Am I eligible" or something. It said I wasn't eligible until 9/29 (the date of my next NE2). But on vzw.com it says I am eligible (annual upgrade).

ocman

Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't use that link but I did type in my cell number and acct number when I ordered. I got a confirmation email and that's it so far.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I read something that says if you buy from wirefly, you can not change anything with Verizon for the first 6 months. (Even a larger or smaller text plan, minutes, etc.)
If you do, it's considered a breach of contract and you get tagged with a bill (also read to be around $300).
Can someone verify this please?

Reaction score
I read something that says if you buy from wirefly, you can not change anything with Verizon for the first 6 months. (Even a larger or smaller text plan, minutes, etc.)
If you do, it's considered a breach of contract and you get tagged with a bill (also read to be around $300).

I've heard this also but was wondering if anyone could confirm?

Batwaffel

Reaction score
I've heard this also but was wondering if anyone could confirm?
Was just looking at their agreement:

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, Verizon Wireless notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee. Please note some of the reasons Verizon Wireless may notify us of a deactivation include if:
defaultlistbullet.gif
You transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service after it is activated
defaultlistbullet.gif
You change your Verizon Wireless rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase
defaultlistbullet.gif
You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
defaultlistbullet.gif
The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing Verizon Wireless account

Wirefly

Reaction score

Actually you can always upgrade your plan, it is if you were to downgrade your plan in any way, or change the number that will cause the carrier to report that as a deactivation to us and take away our commission.

That is why our purchase terms clearly explain this. You can read them in detail here: www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms/

and here they are as well:

Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service on a 2 year agreement. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges. To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from Wirefly.
By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.

If there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you or answer any other questions, please let me know. I am happy to help.:)

Batwaffel

Reaction score
Actually you can always upgrade your plan, it is if you were to downgrade your plan in any way, or change the number that will cause the carrier to report that as a deactivation to us and take away our commission.

If there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you or answer any other questions, please let me know. I am happy to help.:)
Ahh, nice to see you guys are on here. I love how the terms are written in plain English and not a bunch of legalese.

Just put my pre-order in with you guys. :)

bowld

Reaction score
Wirefly...

will you be sending the phones overnight on the 17th or standard ground shipping?

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
So if I have a family plan and one of the lines is eligible for an upgrade and I use that upgrade and then change the phone to my line is that seen as a breach of contract?