Wirefly Offering TB for $200

Sleeve

Reaction score
So grab the $200 deal if you're not going to do anything for 6 months. If you've got a real NE2, not just eligibility to select a new phone on contract price, and you currently have a smartphone, then the $149 price that results will beat this.

If you call 611, use option 2/2 to get your upgrade eligibility. If it says you are eligible for an upgrade, that means you're only beyond your contract obligation. If it says you are entitled to a free phone worth up to $100 or a $100 discount toward a more expensive device, then you have a true NE2 offer.

As far as I know, wirefly cannot redeem NE2s, although if they can I'm sure their rep will comment here. If they can't then their deal is great for people moving over from other carriers and for people in contract eligibility. It also ties the price for NE2 customers who are currently using a dumb phone because those only provide a $50 NE2. The only way to beat the wirefly offer is with a smartphone NE2 offer from Verizon. That happens to be my case, so I've looked into the NE2 situation specifically.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Wirefly...

will you be sending the phones overnight on the 17th or standard ground shipping?

That will depend entirely on the shipping method you selected. If you selected overnight, then it will ship overnight. If you selected standard free shipping you should get it in 3-5 business days. If you have an order number and want me to review your order and shipping method, PM it to me and I will be happy to review and help out.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Actually you can always upgrade your plan, it is if you were to downgrade your plan in any way, or change the number that will cause the carrier to report that as a deactivation to us and take away our commission.

If there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you or answer any other questions, please let me know. I am happy to help.:)
Ahh, nice to see you guys are on here. I love how the terms are written in plain English and not a bunch of legalese.

Just put my pre-order in with you guys. :)

Thanks for ordering with us! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your order! :)

Wirefly

Reaction score
So if I have a family plan and one of the lines is eligible for an upgrade and I use that upgrade and then change the phone to my line is that seen as a breach of contract?

It is possible that the carrier will report that as a deactivation. If you have an order number, PM it to me and I can review your order and see if we can do something to avoid the carrier from reporting that as a deactivation to us.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
If you have a problem with your phone do you have to send it to wirefly or can you send it to Verizon or a Verizon store to get it fixed?

hdeez

Reaction score
I bought from Wirefly at least 5 years ago without any problems. Wirefly can you answer a few questions for me.

If I live in Md do you charge tax?
If Im doing an upgrade through verizon is there an activation fee?
Any way I could pay online and just drive to Largo and pick it up, haha?

Wirefly

Reaction score
I bought from Wirefly at least 5 years ago without any problems. Wirefly can you answer a few questions for me.

If I live in Md do you charge tax?
If Im doing an upgrade through verizon is there an activation fee?
Any way I could pay online and just drive to Largo and pick it up, haha?

Yes we do charge tax for Maryland customers, since we have our distribution center located there.

We do not charge activation fees - the carrier does, and I do think that they charge upgrade activation fees. It will be on your next monthly bill from the carrier.

We do not have a way to have phones picked up from our distribution center, so you will not be able to drive there to pick up your phone.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.

Wirefly

Reaction score
If you have a problem with your phone do you have to send it to wirefly or can you send it to Verizon or a Verizon store to get it fixed?

It depends. We have a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee, that covers you to exchange the phone for any reason during the first 30 days. After that you can go to Verizon for assistance.

You can read about it on our Satisfaction Guarantee page here: www.wirefly.com/about/guarantee/

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you. :)

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
That's funny because that's how i found out about Wirefly in the first place. I'm one of the UPS drivers that delivers to the warehouse in Largo everyday ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Parafly9

Reaction score
IMO I'm foregoing the savings. I'd rather spend the $50 so I can get a 1 year contract... with so many awesome phones coming out I know I'll be kicking myself in a year from now if I was stuck for 2 years.

funkyb

Reaction score

It depends. We have a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee, that covers you to exchange the phone for any reason during the first 30 days. After that you can go to Verizon for assistance.

You can read about it on our Satisfaction Guarantee page here: www.wirefly.com/about/guarantee/

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you. :)

And this is exactly why I decided to give you a chance today Wirefly. Your willingness to monitor the forms and respond to questions is encouraging. I already placed my order, and spoke with a CSR on the phone. Both experiences were excellent.

Quick question - do you know if Verizon is going to get sneaky with that "free tethering until May 15th" issue? More to the point, are they going to automatically add it to our plans on or about 5/16/2011, forcing us to remove it and making us liable for any 'contract change' fees, penaltys, etc...?

I have no interest in the teathering plan, and did not order it as part of my upgrade through wirefly...

SonRK

Reaction score
How does Contract Extension work ? I noticed I could get the Thunderbolt for $200 if I do that (after I put in my phone number and account number, nothing seemed to deny it or decline it), will doing that just add on an additional 2 years to my contract?

wisdroid

Reaction score
I'd urge you guys to read the reviews about wirefly before impulsively putting in orders.. Don't take my word for it, just read the reviews...

billyk

Reaction score
I wonder if Wally-World will carry the TB?

I am well aware of the "fine print" when buying from third-party retailers, but the prices I've gotten for phones there are a fraction of what VZW, or even other retailers have offered.

funkyb

Reaction score
I'd urge you guys to read the reviews about wirefly before impulsively putting in orders.. Don't take my word for it, just read the reviews...

I did, and found significantly more positive reviews than negative. Out of the negative reviews I read, most of the issues were related to either (1) customers not understanding their terms before making a purchase, or (2) customers not knowing how to address issues properly (such as who to contact for what specific problems).

I am not defending WireFly nor am I saying it is the right answer for everyone, but I am giving them a chance this time through. I have no intention to keep this phone for less than two years, and I also intend to retain all plan options. Given this, I see very little downside to purchasing through Wirefly for my needs. I always choose 3rd party insurance (not asurion or MDPP offered by WF), so that's not an issue either.

Are there any specific greviances you've seen that were not appropriately addressed by WireFly customer support and/or explainable by negligance or not taking the time to understand contract terms by the customer?