Windows 7 64 bit

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Just did a format and clean install of Windows 7 64 bit version on my older (3 yrs) Dell desktop. It's got 2 G of ram and I have 2 more on the way from Newegg. Running like a top. Easiest format/OS load I've ever done. If anyone is thinking about doing the same and has questions, let me know and I'll try to help out. :)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Windows7 is the cat's meow.

Very easy install and user friendly. It seems to run nicely on olderish comps too.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have a HP dv6, x64 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13Ghz, 6GB Ram....

You are right Win7 is a very easy install, It is what Vista should have been.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Aside from Win7 not having a built in Email client like previous Win OS's had,
I love it. It' seems to run much better on my computers. More reliable. I have never looked back.

I still dual boot into Vista only when I have software that is not compatible with WIN7, due to how old the program is. But that isn't often.

I try to recommend it to anyone who wants to listen. I played with the Beta's too, they were nice, But the final product rocks !

R1Lover

Reaction score
Aside from Win7 not having a built in Email client like previous Win OS's had,
I love it. It' seems to run much better on my computers. More reliable. I have never looked back.

I still dual boot into Vista only when I have software that is not compatible with WIN7, due to how old the program is. But that isn't often.

I try to recommend it to anyone who wants to listen. I played with the Beta's too, they were nice, But the final product rocks !

you can add windows mail after you install via the web, it was just removed in stock trim.... I'm very surprised that something is not running under win 7? and yet runs on vista? this is the first I have seen if so.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I d/l and installed the beta version of Office 2010 Pro 64 bit which includes a nice version of Outlook. It's free (till 10/2010) off of Microsoft's website.

NE1 know how to get adobe flash to work in IE 64 bit?

TIA

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I do use MS Office Outlook 2007 as a replacement for Outlook. It took some getting use to, But It has grown on me.

I also used the trick of coping Outlook from a Vista64 Install, and putting it in Win7 too a while ago. Had a few problems with the permissions on it, so I loaded the Office version of it instead.

I can't think of the actual programs right now that don't run on 7 for me. I will have to get back to you on that one, not at the top of my list of things to do today :p I am sure eventually, others will chime in on their programs that don't work with 7 but do with Vista. It also could have been a few that weren't 64 bit compatible too. But since I dual boot, its not a big issue anyway.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
So how is it going after the "stability" update MS launched that causes instability and BSD (blue screen of death) ?
Windows 7 sucking batteries in laptops and killing them , oh and don't forget the huge security hole in it right now .
Got to love the Bill G. drones , is Windows 7 better , better than what Vista , yes , but that is it . :motdroidhoriz:
When you install look at the notes before installing , notice it is still Vista and says so in the notes , suckers . :)

QiG

Reaction score
?I jumped on the windows 7 bandwagon after I got a virus last month and coming up from xp, I love it. Feels intuitive after just a little bit of time and aesthetically(sp?) makes xp look archaic like 95

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So how is it going after the "stability" update MS launched that causes instability and BSD (blue screen of death) ?
Windows 7 sucking batteries in laptops and killing them , oh and don't forget the huge security hole in it right now .
Got to love the Bill G. drones , is Windows 7 better , better than what Vista , yes , but that is it . :motdroidhoriz:
When you install look at the notes before installing , notice it is still Vista and says so in the notes , suckers . :)

So what's your point? Been using windows since it came out, never have had an issue with any version. I understand that everyone can't use it correctly and have to revert to other OS's.

R1Lover

Reaction score

I think you have gone off the deep end....... step away from the keyboard please!

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

There's one in every thread....