Will TB have Gorilla Glass?

ke3qz

Reaction score
I love the durability of my Droid I. Any idea what the TB screen material will be? Will I need to worry about those annoying plastic film screen protectors?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Based on the past HTC phones, it will just be glass. Besides, I think we would know if Corning and HTC struck a deal.

But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

brodrick

Reaction score
But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.

...other than rocks, sand, tungsten carbide, porcelain, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and Chuck Norris!

Raptor007

Reaction score
Definitely Chuck Norris, that is what I would be most afraid of when it comes to my TB.

moosez3

Reaction score

...other than rocks, sand, tungsten carbide, porcelain, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and Chuck Norris!

yeah lol thats what I was thinking, I have been using the D1 w/o a Screen Protector for about a year, and I have one scratch on it...

Reaction score
Based on the past HTC phones, it will just be glass. Besides, I think we would know if Corning and HTC struck a deal.

Diamond is not the only thing that can scratch even gorilla glass, let alone regular mineral glass.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

moosez3

Reaction score

Diamond is not the only thing that can scratch even gorilla glass, let alone regular mineral glass.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

Yeah cause my Droid's GG has one light scratch and two hairlines and I have no diamonds... heck I dont even keep it in the same pocket as the keys...

All the tests on youtube are bogus, I bet I could take a ss scalpel and scratch the heck out of it...

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

And you forgot the guy who lied and said it exploded in his ear..lol:rofl3:

brodrick

Reaction score

And you forgot the guy who lied and said it exploded in his ear..lol:rofl3:

He just forgot to mention that Chuck Norris punched him in the ear for talking on his cell phone!

Russ2387

Reaction score
my first og droid glass scratched and i do not own any diamonds. i will be getting a screen protector for my tb. i also need to find something to keep sawdust out of it too as i am a finish carpenter and the speaker fills up with dust..... i REALLY hate that.

Raptor007

Reaction score
It's called murphy's law, get a screen protector since it is a lot cheaper than getting the display replaced.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's called murphy's law, get a screen protector since it is a lot cheaper than getting the display replaced.

^This... seriously... some people are just stupid... they spend $200+(+) on a phone and then cheap out on a $5 screen protector... really?? besides some of the protectors (SGP Crystal) make the screen look better (clearer, more contrast) than bare class. I work with horses in a sand-filled arena and will tell you sand WILL destroy ANY type of glass, including these people's precious 'Gorilla' Glass... it's nothing more than a marketing scheme...

bendystrawboy

Reaction score

^This... seriously... some people are just stupid... they spend $200+(+) on a phone and then cheap out on a $5 screen protector... really?? besides some of the protectors (SGP Crystal) make the screen look better (clearer, more contrast) than bare class. I work with horses in a sand-filled arena and will tell you sand WILL destroy ANY type of glass, including these people's precious 'Gorilla' Glass... it's nothing more than a marketing scheme...

well this marketing scheme has left my droid scratch free for its entire life.

thanks marketing team!