Will miui go much farther

loco

Reaction score
again, that is relative to ones opinion. i for one beleive it would be fine looking and extremly functional. in fact, ive seen others post here wishing it would rotate also. so i know im not alone in my opinion.

Z

ZeroBarrier

You can debate fact versus opinion all you want, I know I won't.

loco

Reaction score
and we all thank you for that.

have a great holiday :)

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yakitori, are you saying the issues we have on the droid are present on the original hardware the rom is targeted for?

i was always under the impression the issues were due to the porting process to a different phone.....

^this
The reason that the problems exist are because its a port.

ummm.....no.....the issues we have are issues all devices with miui have....

jearl75

Reaction score
First of all, let me say this is the most unique and the BEST rom I have ran on my Droid to date. Are there little glitches/quirks in the different releases? YES! Is it to be expected at this point? YES! Do we need to argue back and forth over whether something is fact or opinion, piss the devs off, close the thread down, in turn ending all support for this project? NOOO!!! There's a place for fighting like little school girls, it's called AndroidForums. This is Droid Forums, a place where the grown folk play. Let's keep this thread on point, discuss any issues we're having like adults and support the devs any way we can.

Jamezelle and metiCkOne, keep up the good work!

As for the rest of us, If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything at all.

That's MY "opinion" anyway!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
J and m do a great duty to all by porting so we can use. Trust me when I say the bugs are there and annoying. Its certainly not their fault. I have been using miui since v2. Every new release..I installed the newest. Some releases were better than others. Imo it should be getting better with each release..and while the bugs persist new features are being added. Why is it that a rom has a working feature one week followed by 2 weeks of backward progress..while adding features like file encryption and having 2 consecutive releases suffer random reboots? Every rom dev I know would fix things like this immediately. It boils down to what meets your needs as far ad use goes. If you can convince yourself to live with the bugs then you accept them and dismiss the issues. Like I said...love miui...dont like the uncertainty of what bug is next...only to find the release notes not say things like this:

Fixed random reboots

Working save mms pic.

Launcher and menu lag resolved.

Etc....when release notes star saying these things...ill be on it no questions asked. Till then its wishful thinking when all I want is fir stuff to work like it should

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

alienware777

Reaction score
Can we make a list of all the bugs that the rom has? I installed MIUI two days ago and as far as I can tell the only bug is that sms messages give me the wrong time that they were received.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work with Droid Concepts and don't have lots of time to check out other stuff, and let me tell any people out there with complaints or problems. Miui is my favorite ROM to run when I can. I think that the issues are pretty minor, Great work everyone involved. For a ROM that completely makes your phone feel new you have to except the issues. Even our deepest themes don't touch the kinda change you get with Miui.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can we make a list of all the bugs that the rom has? I installed MIUI two days ago and as far as I can tell the only bug is that sms messages give me the wrong time that they were received.

• sms timestamp issue
  • cant save mms media
  • mms video plays in slideshow instead of video (for some)
  • built in screen capture (menu+voldown) reboots phone

alienware777

Reaction score
I can't talk about the mms issues since I haven't even received one yet, but the screen capture is working perfect for me. I used it the day I installed MIUI to show my bro. I also just tested it like 5 times right now. Every droid is different though, maybe mine likes being tested on haha.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And soft reboot out of nowhere on last two releases.

Also many time an app wont start...and sends me right back to homescreen.

Also laggy scrolling at times although much better than used to be

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App