Will miui go much farther

frostthejack

Reaction score
Miui community has lost nix he isn't working on it any more will we continue to see ports without him.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Miui community has lost nix he isn't working on it any more will we continue to see ports without him.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't been involved in the last two or three versions, so my guess is the ports will keep rolling without him. Jamezelle is doing a great job with it.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Bro remember something this rom is still in beta versioncand its this good with minor bugs and easy fixes now imagine how awesome it will be when we have the final release everyone that's says that there rom is better think about it there's are just updating to newer version and that is something people always forget just my 1..2..3 cents

°^°

OP
F

frostthejack

Reaction score
Yeah I later found out he was in charge of the dinc ports but he did help out the entire community alot. Jamezell and metiCkOne have been doing an amazing job with the Droid port

xformulax

Reaction score
n_i_x will most likely still help out and provide advice/help to jamezelle for D1, but he wont be doing Dinc, at least not right now.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im surprised the rom is still in beta. It seems like its been in beta for a long time now. I dont see it getting out of beta anytime soon as the devs in china keep adding more crap w/o fixing whats broken. Yeah...great features...I love MIUI, but sadly dissappointing lately. I kept telling myself I could live with all the little quirky things and the lag at times, but...finally one day I broke...after a reboot...and after my girl had kept complaining to me that this or that didnt work.

Once its fixed and stable it will be great. Im actually surprised as I always had the impression that the chinese were thorough and put great quality into their work.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
yakitori, are you saying the issues we have on the droid are present on the original hardware the rom is targeted for?

i was always under the impression the issues were due to the porting process to a different phone.....

droidman101

Reaction score
yakitori, are you saying the issues we have on the droid are present on the original hardware the rom is targeted for?

i was always under the impression the issues were due to the porting process to a different phone.....

^this
The reason that the problems exist are because its a port.

hoppermi

Reaction score

^this
The reason that the problems exist are because its a port.

Not entirely true. Many of the issues are across all phones. Reboots, SMS issues for example.
The issues from the port can and will be resolved, jamezelle is extremely busy, right now. MIUI has promised to stabilize and optimize the next couple of weeks. Right before they change the UI once again:)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SOME of the problems are due to port. I mean, the rom is not designed for the d1. As hopper stated, the problems are across all phones (some of the problems), if you read the MIUI dev forums for other phones you will see the same issues on other phones that exist with this ROM for the D1.

Thing is...yes...it does all go back to the devs in china. Look at some of these other custom roms that are out. They are optimized for lots of different phones, but dont have as widespread of problems.

While it has great features, IMO, it is not on par with some features of UD.

Anathema

Reaction score
I think we are forgetting one of the things that makes this rom so important. It's as close as you can come to a complete overhaul of the d1. Not just the UI, but everything. The devs for MIUI have taken droid 1 moding and gone in a direction that nobody has really successfully gone before, at least to my knowledge.

This is still in it's infancy. Now at this point in MIUI, I'm really only hanging with it because of the Dialer, SMS, Top-Bar Battery, and a few other random features. And I don't experience enough serious issues to move to a different rom. I've tried most of the roms on DF, and they all kind of blend together. Outside of a few features here and there, nothing really comes close to what MIUI has done and is still improving upon.

I never really understood the rom loyalty that a lot of people seem to have. The whole "you're with this rom or you're against" mentality doesn't really make sense to me and seems counterproductive.

The roms are more likely to improve when people are using it and reporting bugs, not when people experience bugs and move on. This goes for all roms, not just MIUI.

loco

Reaction score
i love this rom and i truley hope it continues to get better. im running it now and have no intentions of switching back anytime soon. the only complaint i have is the lack of screen rotation. i know its not coded to do it, but for these phones, its an important feature to me.

im hoping that soon it will happen.

Z

ZeroBarrier

My screen rotates just fine. But if you were talking about the launcher rotating to landscape, then no, it doesn't. It doesn't need to either, launcher in landscape makes no sense what-so-ever. You squish down and stretch out everything making it neither good looking nor functional.

loco

Reaction score
yeah, thats what im referring to. but, i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

launcher pro rotates beautifully with no squish or stretch. miui launcher would be wonderful if it did something like that......

Z

ZeroBarrier

Rotating home screens to landscape causes widgets to squish and stretch, in any launcher, period. If you don't want to believe it, that's fine, but don't say it doesn't when it in fact does.

And MIUI launcher would look even worse if they tried to keep the dock in the same place causing even less space for four rows of icons/widgets.

But as I said before, at the end of the day, it's neither good looking nor functional.