Will 4G phones Require 4G Service

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm guesting they will charge more. Its not like verizon (or any company) to develop some big great thing, and then say, "Added bonus... We're giving it to you for freeeeeeeee!!!"

(from Beka's DX)

corman324

Reaction score
I'm guesting they will charge more. Its not like verizon (or any company) to develop some big great thing, and then say, "Added bonus... We're giving it to you for freeeeeeeee!!!"

(from Beka's DX)

speakin the truth girl! especially verizon...rapists

motoconvert

Reaction score
I tell ya...I'm happy that I haven't upgraded yet...have been tempted to do an early upgrade to a DX...but my OG Droid is still rockin! Excited by new things to come...:icon_ banana:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
i heard the same thing as Texstar did from a rep in the store he told me also there would be NO extra charge for the 4g phone service when they come out and that they where shooting for 2013 for nation wide 4g now thats just what I was told take that as you will just passing the info along

Beka27

Reaction score
The truth is, reps can tell you anything they want right now. They don't know too much more than the general public does, and what they do know is so fragmented (I work in retail, I know how the info trickles down).

When you (the customer) are so excited and you walk into VZW with the upgrade you've been anxiously "holding in your hand" for six months, to pick up one of these new beasts of a phone you've had your eye on... and then the rep says, "Oh, by the way, your plan is going to increase by "X" number of dollars..." more than likely, you'll do it.

I'm not sure if Verizon is revealing any new, 3G only phones this week. The current lineup of phones are "expiring" in March, or around then, if they don't release more 3Gs, eventually 4G will be your only option and that's when we are all standing over that great big proverbial "barrel"...

I hope VZW proves me wrong... I hate paying unnecessary money for something I consider an "extra" like my cell phone.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope so too! At least not too outrageous! Sprint's 4G is $10 more which isn't bad but still...$40 a month for data? Getting a lil crazy there!

The truth is, reps can tell you anything they want right now. They don't know too much more than the general public does, and what they do know is so fragmented (I work in retail, I know how the info trickles down).

When you (the customer) are so excited and you walk into VZW with the upgrade you've been anxiously "holding in your hand" for six months, to pick up one of these new beasts of a phone you've had your eye on... and then the rep says, "Oh, by the way, your plan is going to increase by "X" number of dollars..." more than likely, you'll do it.

I'm not sure if Verizon is revealing any new, 3G only phones this week. The current lineup of phones are "expiring" in March, or around then, if they don't release more 3Gs, eventually 4G will be your only option and that's when we are all standing over that great big proverbial "barrel"...

I hope VZW proves me wrong... I hate paying unnecessary money for something I consider an "extra" like my cell phone.

DroidForums Junkie!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, my question is, can I get a 4g phone with 3g service and keep my current data plan????
There are all sorts of rumors out there and what you listen to is up to you. However, VZW has yet to officially announce how 4G data plans will work or even if the 4G data plans will be separate/additional.