Will 2.3 be available for Incredible

PaulQ

Reaction score
Before I ask, please forgive my lack of knowledge. I am new to Droid coming from deep in Blackberry land.

In Blackberry land, the latest OS is not available to most of their older devices because they can't handle the demands of OS-6.

Is it likely that Android 2.3 will work on the Incredible or is it something that's up in the air? I am mostly concerned about memory because that's what screwed older Blackberry users.

Thanks for your help!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing is concrete but I don't think it would be out of the question. I think all of the droid line of phones will receive it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kenbiz

Reaction score
Well its the6th.. still hoping for this update.. really hope tho inc get gingerbread..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gingerbread itself wasn't supposed to get released today. It was the ask that got dropped. An official update will take quite some time.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
And who installed it, hmm?

I had enough sense to stick to a Swype beta that has a uterus fetish (I am NOT kidding) while you muck about with untested and buggy software. :)

;)

But yes, everything else Spazz said was 100% accurate. All that happened today was the official announcement and the SDK dropping. Any precompiled ROMs that are now hitting are NOT for the faint of heart or worth rooting JUST to try because of the risk and trouble involved.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Untested? Yes
Buggy? Yes...

Huh will you look at that. Kinda was my fault lol

GT944

Reaction score
2.3 already huh? And here I just got 2.2 not so long ago... who comes up with these clever little names for the new software? Google?

Sent from my ADR6300

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah its google. All alphabetical desserts if you hadn't figured it out yet. Somewhere on here is a thread where people are predicting The rest of the names. I know fbm has some interesting ideas ;)

yeaitsincredible

Reaction score
I heard on an article on Engadget that the DROID Incredible will be receiving it in March. That was my interpretation of the wording, but don't take my word for it. Go to Engadget and look up 2.3 and read some of the articles, one of them should have it.

originallurch

Reaction score
Wife's DroidX got 2.3, don't know that I want to wait until March for it on my incredible.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not quite 2.3

What she got was a motorola/ Verizon w/e firmware update. Its still android 2.2.1

tappin and a talkin