Wifi Signal strength problems after Froyo

jessenj

Reaction score
If I turn on wifi in my house, and my cousin also with a Droid X sitting right next to me still on 2.1 turns on his wifi, mine will only show my router at the weakest signal, however, his phone shows the dozen or so neighbors and my router shows full strength.

I have Froyo and Rubix 1.86

cjriddle22

Reaction score
If I turn on wifi in my house, and my cousin also with a Droid X sitting right next to me still on 2.1 turns on his wifi, mine will only show my router at the weakest signal, however, his phone shows the dozen or so neighbors and my router shows full strength.

I have Froyo and Rubix 1.86

I just responded to a post on another thread where you posted your same situation.

I do notice that the WiFi signal on my DX is way worse than on any laptop in the house. I have to be in the same room as the router to get a full signal, as soon as I leave the room it drops a WiFi bar. Sometimes when I'm in the kitchen (farthest room from WiFi), it loses the signal all together and reverts to 3G. The wife's DX does the exact same thing. I am going to install the WiFi manager tonight and let you guys know the exact signal strength.

Router is set to a mixed 802.11n/g.

When I was running 2.1, I never had an issue with WiFi, but I was also in a tiny 1 BR apartment, same router now and then.

I will follow both threads to see what comes of it.