Issues with Rubix Focused 1.6

jessenj

Reaction score
After installing the Rubix Focused 1.6 on my insurance replaced new 2.2 DX, I have done the following things and now have major issues:

Installed Black Juice Blue
Installed Camera Blurry

Now I have the following issues:

The GPS never finds satellites
The wifi doesn't stay connected - a friend of mine has the stock DX with 2.2 and when he sits right next to me on my couch and enables Wifi and does a scan - he can see my 7 or 8 neighbors wifi signals and my router shows full strength, however, my DX only shows my wifi router and it is at the lowest signal strength.

Something is broken with the radio profiles. I don't know what, but I would LOVE a fix as I am completely stuck without the Nav function and loss of wifi is a killer.

Any ideas or suggestions would be a blessing at this point as I'm ready to toss my DX under a truck.

cpjr

Reaction score
You need to reformat and start fresh. Check all signals BEFORE you apply the ROM....because it could also be your new phone.

I ran that ROM since it was released until they released 1.8.6 a few days ago with no issues at all. And what your describing doesnt seem to be a common issue with the ROM.

PS- You should also post in the actual Rubix ROM thread.

OP
J

jessenj

Reaction score
Isn't this the Rubix rom thread? As for reloading, I have a big gray area when it comes to applying the stock SBF. Is there a walkthru that will guide me to resetting back to stock with the leaked 2.2 SBF? When I installed Rubix 1.6, I did a complete stock wipe first after a Titanium Backup, then I restored the backup after the rom install.

cpjr

Reaction score
This is Drod's sub-forum, you just made a new thread.

There is a dedicated thread for the this ROM on this forum. Look through it and alot, if not all, of your questions will be answered.

PS- Titanium backup is known to cause issues with ROMs because it restores incompatible stuff.

scubieman

Reaction score
This is Drod's sub-forum, you just made a new thread.

There is a dedicated thread for the this ROM on this forum. Look through it and alot, if not all, of your questions will be answered.

PS- Titanium backup is known to cause issues with ROMs because it restores incompatible stuff.

I'm having issues with USB not working on my ROM. Possible issue cause I did use titanium backup. Is there a way to still use it and restore some app data? Not all but some. I love Rubix but don't want to start from fresh. Or better yet how did you go from Rubix 1.6 to 1.8.3. Did you put everything back in?

cpjr

Reaction score
The dev's recommend to wipe everything before upgrading to 1.8.6, however I went from 1.6 to 1.8.6 by only wiping cache and Im fine. Doing will keep all your apps and data just like you had them.

cpjr

Reaction score
The issue with using something like titanium backup is it restores framework information that may have changed between ROMs and it will change it back, thus making it incompatible with your current setup.

scubieman

Reaction score
Okay. I use locale to set things. You think it would be okay to use titanium backup with that. Just avoid system files like alarm clocks?

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah just restoring/reinstalling apps without restoring data will usually be ok.

scubieman

Reaction score
The problem is im moving from stock OTA to rubix 1.6. Possibly 1.8.6

Which you think is better?

cpjr

Reaction score
You really need to wipe all data and cache and start fresh. A pain but worth it in the end.