WiFi running without me wanting it to.

scvsmark

Reaction score
Oh no. That sucks (for you). I don't mind if my WiFi turns and then back off momentarily. Its when it ends up being 25%-35% of my battery drain that gets me.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

scvsmark

Reaction score
If you're on a shared data plan your data usage will decrease. Chrome is a data hog left alone.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

Unlimited Data with a $20.00 monthly credit on four of our five lines. :D One of our Unlimited line users did 248GB last month. :eek:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
It's driving me nuts trying to pin point the culprit. The 20 minutes didn't show up on the stats. (Less than 1%) but it bugs.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Unlimited Data with a $20.00 monthly credit on four of our five lines. :D One of our Unlimited line users did 248GB last month. :eek:

Yikes!!! Long live unlimited. I would switch to a 2 gig plan. For, let's say 60 bucks a month. Only surpassed 2 gigs once, come close a heck of a lot though. Especially now that my 4g stays connected 24/7. Woot.

scvsmark

Reaction score
For the four Unlimited Data lines we pay $40/mo ($10ea line). Can't beat that. It was one of those promos in Dec 2010 for disgruntled customers that had to say those magic words to get the offer. Luckily Verizon has the transfer upgrade option or I wouldn't have this phone and would still be with my trusty X2.

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
You guys jinxed me, got up this morning, did my morning check of bat stats and lo and behold WiFi on for 20 straight minutes. Usually 2 seconds 8 or 9 times a night for a total of about 20 seconds, never long enough to show on the bat stats, til today. Poo.

Welcome to my world. Thankfully mine stopped now so hopefully it stays that way. I think the cause of mine was the smart actions location setting because ever since I turned that off I've been alright.

Oh no. That sucks (for you). I don't mind if my WiFi turns and then back off momentarily. Its when it ends up being 25%-35% of my battery drain that gets me.

Yeah same here! For a few seconds or maybe even a couple minutes it's okay, but if it's reaching hours and shows up as one of the top 5 things using my battery, then we have a problem :angry:

rmarcus929

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I had a question and found this thread. No more problems. Wi-fi was used 0% after I changed my (not so ) smart actions off.