WiFi running without me wanting it to.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
So I clicked on my battery usage circle and it says I've been running WiFi for over 3 hours but I haven't even turned it on all day and I don't have any smart actions that do. What is going on? It's using my battery and I don't even want it on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So let me clarify...you are not running WIFI (it's set to "off" in Settings, Wireless), and yet there is a "service" that is labeled "WIFI" which is occupying a space on the battery usage list?

Could you post a pic of the battery usage list, and then go into Apps Manage, and snap a pic of the WIFI offender for us?

snowman

Reaction score
I had the same thing turn it off then I would start a program or app and it turned it on all by itself man I can't remember what I unchecked to get rid of this
let me go hunting
sorry I can't remember do some searching thats how I found it every time I started an app. it turned on my wi-fi all by itself but there is a way to stop this
I did some searching but no avail mine( MAXX HD) did this when I got it, maybe on another forum I read it but I just had to uncheck one thing for a fix
I'll try and get back

snowman

Reaction score
alright I found it
settings = touch wi-fi on the left side right on the grren wi-fi button then menu comes up
uncheck notify me
also uncheck auto connect wi-fi
this will fix it

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
So let me clarify...you are not running WIFI (it's set to "off" in Settings, Wireless), and yet there is a "service" that is labeled "WIFI" which is occupying a space on the battery usage list?

Could you post a pic of the battery usage list, and then go into Apps Manage, and snap a pic of the WIFI offender for us?

Yes the service was set to off all day and I have no smart actions to turn it on since I currently don't have WiFi at the house. Here are some screen shots.

ForumRunner_20130225_181448.png

ForumRunner_20130225_181455.png

ForumRunner_20130225_181504.png

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
alright I found it
settings = touch wi-fi on the left side right on the grren wi-fi button then menu comes up
uncheck notify me
also uncheck auto connect wi-fi
this will fix it

Thanks man I'm gonna try that right now. Right now it's at 4 hours and 25 minutes so let's see if that changes anything!

scvsmark

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Auto-connect/on is unchecked along with everything else and WiFi is still the second highest consumer of my battery. Wtf?

uploadfromtaptalk1361848052896.jpg

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
That picture you posted above "notify me" is checked it turns itself on to check for wi-fi in this mode looking for wi-fi
signals uncheck this so it does not go on unless you tell it to go on

scvsmark

Reaction score
Mine isn't...

uploadfromtaptalk1361849124115.jpg

But I see the other guys' pic shows that. For me, I also froze with Titanium Backup Pro any WiFi-type apps such as Open Signal and WiFi Analyzer.

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
That picture you posted above "notify me" is checked it turns itself on to check for wi-fi in this mode looking for wi-fi
signals uncheck this so it does not go on unless you tell it to go on

Well I just got out of class and now it's at 4 hours and 38 minutes and still going. I unchecked everything you said to as well. This sucks. It never used to do this.

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
I just woke up this morning and now it says it's been running for 7 hours and 49 minutes with the time still going up. Anybody have any inputs on why it won't turn off? I have "notify me" unchecked and "auto-connect to WiFi" unchecked and in the advanced menu I have it set to where WiFi is never on during sleep.

OP
A

Ayyrock

Reaction score
This is where it's at now. Still have everything off but it keeps on running and using my battery..

ForumRunner_20130226_172217.png

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Open Wi-Fi, select menu (3 dots lower right), click advance(should be the only bright one), long press keep WiFi on during sleep, select never. Hope this helps.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

scvsmark

Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn't matter.

erasupen.jpg