Wifi issue

lanza_david

Reaction score
@artimis, pretty similar, but I'm my case, the settings enable does nothing either, nor rebooting. It shows enabled, it says connecting, it shows the list of remembered connections, but all show as "not in range"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Artimis

Reaction score
@artimis, pretty similar, but I'm my case, the settings enable does nothing either, nor rebooting. It shows enabled, it says connecting, it shows the list of remembered connections, but all show as "not in range"

And you've tried turning it on/off using the checkbox in the system settings, correct?

Also how much space is left in /system? You can check this by going to terminal and typing "df -h"

lanza_david

Reaction score
Yes, that's right. The enable box at settings does nothing.

/system has only 12.8MB left (91% used)

What does this mean?

Artimis

Reaction score
It means that I'm at a loss......if it were higher then it's possible that all the necessary files from the deprimed kernel flash may not have copied correctly leading to the problem. But I don't think that it is the case.

Not quite sure what the problem could be. Have you tried nightly 57 or 60 by chance?

lanza_david

Reaction score
I actually went back to the stock kernel. This is day 2 and so far so good. And no, I have not tried the nightlies. I'm on 7.0.3.

Last edited:

mightybrick

Reaction score

There was a known quirk in gingerbread where wifi will not connect or show available networks until any remembered networks are forgotten, after which it will scan and connect properly. As far as I know this has not been fixed yet.

Knoxie89

Reaction score
Not authenticating

For some reason I can't connect to my wifi at home on my Droid. Wen i attemp to connect to Linksys, it first says authenticating... then it says disabled. I have a Linksys secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.
Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I am not able to connect to the wifi at my work with wpa2 also. One of my co-workers also has Droid and he can connect. I'm not sure why mine won't.
Anyone else having this issue? Have a solution?

Reaction score
Are you positive you're entering the correct pass word? I have an encrypted wifi at home and it connects just fine. I think the antennae in the D1 is a little weak as I don't get as good of a signal as my laptop but it works.

Knoxie89

Reaction score
Yes the password is correct.

The signal is pretty good at -45dBm.

The problem is in the authentication. When I connect it says "Authenticating" then goes to "Disconnected" and the network name has "Disabled, secured with WP/WPA2 PSK" under it.
I've tried forgeting and adding the network again, changing kernels, ROM, I have no clue why I can't connect to this network.

Reaction score
Are you filtering MAC addresses on your router? Maybe you need to add your phones MAC address to the filtering table.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I have a DX and had no problem connecting with my work WiFi today. Turned on the WiFi, it searched for the networks and I selected my work's network. I entered the code and - there it was. I was on the network. I haven't tried with my home network, yet.

archstar1982

Reaction score
Several times already I have lost wifi connectivity. It is enabled but it does not see any network at all. The times it has happened, I've had been running deprimed. I am not sure if it is this kernel, or the hardware. I solve it by flashing a previous backup that has the stock kernel, and wifi comes back just fine. This makes me think it is not a hardware issue. Before doing this, I re-flashed the 7.0.3 update file, which brought back the stock kernel, but wifi was still bad (I did deprime and reboot before this, which also did not fix wifi, so it is not a voltage issue then?). The only thing that fixes this is flashing a previous backup. I still do not know if this would happen with the stock kernel. I think I am going to have to use if for a few days to see.

Does somebody have any idea on why this is happening? Kernel issue? ROM issue?

Thanks

(OG Droid / CM7)

Hi. I am sorry if this situation is already cleared, but I need to let you guys know how to fix this issues.
I had same problem before and I start searching on web browser. Finally I got here!

Have you use Bluetooth keyboard and some kind of application that works for enabling Bluetooth device on back ground ?

I had Bluetooth keyboard easy connect from android market and I use this application for 3days.
Because as you may know some droid device not fully enable by connecting Bluetooth,
Your Droid may not work until install the third party application to fully establishing pair and let you type you text.
However I had problem with connecting to remembered networks, scanning networks and I could not connect to tethering mode(WiFi Hot spot) for these 3 days.
Network scan is seems to working but not network lists are coming up, it just keep scanning and connecting to remembered network but never connect.
Someone has posted almost same issue about this too and very slow tethering connection(I had same issue for these 3 days).

HERE IS THE ISSUE WHAT I HAVE FOR 3 DAYS.
1.Network scan is not correcting the list even if these are in your connectable range.
2.Network is not connecting to remembered network in my house or public WiFi.
3.Tethering mode is enable but ridiculously slow speed and dropping connection.

I was messing around all the wireless and Bluetooth connection setting in Cyanogenmod and I recognize when the Bluetooth turn off, all connection in WiFi Tethering, Network scanning bit better. But still not working like used to like clean install the ROM.

I finally uninstall Bluetooth keyboard easy connect and then all connection working perfectly!

Now you might want check if your application that it works behind the Bluetooth makes this problem or not.

I still want to use my Bluetooth keyboard but I will not install Bluetooth keyboard easy connect again.
I will try the Bluekeyboard JP and let's see how it works then.