cant figure out how to connect wifi, help

ryandog24

Reaction score
ok so i got my new droid and im tryin to connect the wifi. i have a linksys router that i also have my wii connected to.. but for some reason i cant figure how to do the phone.. i type in my network key. changed to WPA. and then it asked for a wireless password.. im not sure wat this is but i entered wat i thought it could be and it accepted. but for some reason it goes to authenticating mode then just says disconnected. wat am i doing wrong?

bigthinker

Reaction score
ok so i got my new droid and im tryin to connect the wifi. i have a linksys router that i also have my wii connected to.. but for some reason i cant figure how to do the phone.. i type in my network key. changed to WPA. and then it asked for a wireless password.. im not sure wat this is but i entered wat i thought it could be and it accepted. but for some reason it goes to authenticating mode then just says disconnected. wat am i doing wrong?
Is the router secured or not? If Not, you should be able to go into:settings/wifi settings and you should actually see Lynksis listed there, click on it and it should connect...Hope this works.

_33

Reaction score
My router needed a firmware update. Wasn't sure what that was... but I downloaded it and installed it. Works great now!

Everything else I have jumped right on (2 ps3's, wii, 3 laptops, desktop and a winmo phone) but the update got the Droid working.

OP
R

ryandog24

Reaction score
Well it stil shows a lock on top of the signal bar so I'm gussing that means its secure. So how do I un lock it. I can't even find the program on my computer to pull up. Bcuz I did that with a friends laptop when I first got the router.it found the laptop and we linkd it that way.I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well it stil shows a lock on top of the signal bar so I'm gussing that means its secure. So how do I un lock it. I can't even find the program on my computer to pull up. Bcuz I did that with a friends laptop when I first got the router.it found the laptop and we linkd it that way.I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere.

Go into network places on a computer already connected, and you should be able to get into the utility for the router to adjust settings.

m21knight

Reaction score
This is a bug with Android that I have been totally frustrated with...when trying to connect to certan secured networks, android totaly freaks out. Here is what you should try: "Forget" the wireless network on your droid, Disable your network security on your router (if you can reduce the transmit power temporarly it will keep outsiders from accesing while you do this), Connect to the network on your Droid, check to make sure you have connectivity, disable your Droid wireless, re-enable your network security, re-enable your Droid wireless and connect to the network. This has worked for me pretty reliabily...let me know if it works.