WiFi Causing Reboot?

RedBull

Reaction score
This is a situation that has occurred to me when using several different roms, so I'm wondering if my problem has to do with my phone or the fact that I'm rooted.

There are times when I hook up to my WiFi here at home to use it for downloading of large files or if the 3G is just crappy. I have had issues where the phone will go into a constant reboot until I do a battery pull, wait to hit home screen, and then get into settings and turn off the WiFi. I have used SPRecovery and ROM Manager, so not sure that either one of those is causing the issue. Once the WiFi is turned off...the phone will work just fine.

Just curious if anyone has encountered this before? Are there any other details you might need?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You probably don't need 300 posts of "nope, not me" but my current phone has never done a reboot cycle thing. My first one, never rooted, started doing it suddenly and nothing I tried, the tech on the phone had me try, or the store tried could fix it so they gave me a new one.

Take a backup with sprecovery or clockwork, flash another rom and try to download a large file. You could reinstall your current rom too. No idea if you can make it happen at will or if it just occurs sometimes. Sounds like it just happens, "at times".

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
You probably don't need 300 posts of "nope, not me" but my current phone has never done a reboot cycle thing. My first one, never rooted, started doing it suddenly and nothing I tried, the tech on the phone had me try, or the store tried could fix it so they gave me a new one.

Take a backup with sprecovery or clockwork, flash another rom and try to download a large file. You could reinstall your current rom too. No idea if you can make it happen at will or if it just occurs sometimes. Sounds like it just happens, "at times".

Yeah...it's a kind of random thing. This last time it did it, I was using rom manager to download a theme, and then it finished, then started rebooting. I saw on a different forum that my router could be the cause, but that seems...not quite right.

I'll try a different rom thru RM using WiFi and see if it duplicates the issue.

Thanks!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yeah, just for kicks, I'm gonna say it shouldn't have anything to do with your WiFi, router, or really even the ROM you're using. IMHO maybe just take the same route christim took (after covering your tracks, of course, lol) because it really sounds like a hardware issue to me.

good luck