1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Wifi causing Verizon Fios router to reboot

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by syntax53, Dec 13, 2009.

1. syntax53

syntax53 New Member

Just about everytime I turn on my wifi on my droid at home my router reboots itself within a few minutes. I have the router setup with WPA encryption and my fiance uses it everyday without issue with her laptop.

Today when I turned it on the router rebooted itself twice within 20 minutes so I just turned it back off. Anyone else have a verizon fios router and notice anything like this?
  2. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I have a FIOS router and have never had anything like that happen. I'd ask for a replacement router.
  3. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

+1. I concur. Have FIOS and have yet to have a problem other than it failing to release "connections" both from my Droid and from other resources, particularly those that go to "sleep" with a connection, but I have never had the router reboot.
  4. syntax53

syntax53 New Member

It's just weird that my fiance's computer works fine with it everyday, as does my Nintendo Wii. Yet I turn on my droid 2/3 times it will reboot.
  5. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Computers and Video Consoles typically maintain their connections, whereas the Droid (or any Android Device, and the couple of WinMo Devices I have has with Wi-Fi as well) do not... this is to save battery life, but it seems to confuse many routers (including the MI424WR).
Search tags for this page

android causes router to reboot

android causes router to reset
android phone causing router rebooting
apps cause wifi router to reboot
droid 20 minutes fios router reboots

fios router resets itself

reasons for fios what causes router to reboot
router reboots when android wifi turned on
verizion router just restarted by its self
verizon fios router randomly rebooting

verizon fios router reboots itself