WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I think one thing probably everyone puts on it, for starters, is the power bar widget. Nice to be able to enable/disable stuff quickly. Another is a music player widget for quick access to play/pause/skip track (of course, still nothing beats bluetooth headphones with A2DP controls, ha).
I put the standard lockscreen clock at the top. I also have the setting profiles widget there, and the "Battery Left 2x1" widget, and two more app shortcuts.
Then I replaced the unlock slider to go straight to Dialer One and use the back button for unlocking.

Not me! ;) I rarely have a need for the power bar widget ever since I started using the app called Timeriffic which automatically adjusts all of my major settings based on schedules that I have defined. :) I love that app.

I also pretty much have access to EVERYTHING I use on my Droid via the Widget Locker because I'm using the app called Apps Organizer which allows me to create shortcuts and/or widgets to any number of grouped apps that I have defined, with custom icons no less! :)

I also use the app called Battery Indicator which shows me the battery percentage left within a little battery shape, right on my notification bar... the greatest thing about this app is that it also indicates the battery temperature in Fahrenheit when I pull down the notification bar.

So.... in Widget Locker, I've been putting "fun" widgets that I normally don't have loaded on my normal home screens.... like a shortcut to the awesome app Edwin, a MixZing music widget, an Omega Seamaster watch (clock widget), facebook widget, etc... :)

But who knows... I'm sure I'll change up my widget locker screen about 20 more times this week before I settle on how I want to keep it for a while! :D

Yeah I use Setting Profiles to manage what is powered on/off automatically a majority of the time. But for example, my "Normal" profile (undocked, running on battery) has the GPS disabled to conserve power. So when I want to turn it on for something, it's there. Other times I might want to disable WiFi. But yeah, my profiles make most of those changes for me, specifically for when I dock and undock from both my nightstand and my car.

I'm pretty happy with Simply Stunning showing me the percentage number on the regular battery taskbar icon (even though it's only in increments of 10).

And yeah I can see the appeal of rigging access to everything you use straight from the WL screen. But I personally don't mind hitting the back button into LauncherPro. I've taken care of most of the redraw issues and it all runs fast 95% of the time.

Large Farva

Reaction score
So, I first bought this app a month or so ago and wasn't entirely impressed with it so I stopped using it. I recently decided to try it again and it's awesome after all of the updates! It's also the ONLY app I've had to buy. So thanks to the creator for making such a great app.

The only problem I've had with it so far is that sometimes when I'm listening to music in my car and unplug the the cord from the headphone jack, the music doesn't pause right away. It takes about a second or so for the music to finally pause itself. Otherwise I haven't had any problems with it and love how customizable it is.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Instead of the power bar widget that comes with the Droid I have a shortcut to Quick Settings app. Takes up less room, far more flexible.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

deadernie

Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. . . . Have the camera slider on and when I slide it I hear the camera make noise but the standard lockscreen appears. Would be nice if I could make a quick swipe of the slider to take a pic without having to input the security pattern.

sprocket87

Reaction score
First off, thanks so much for the great app, it's a really marvelous tool.

However, since the 1.2.2 update I've been having issues (HTC Evo 4G). It was working fine before but now it tends to lock up. For instance, I will press the power button on the Evo to wake the screen up, and WidgetLocker appears normally with all my widgets, but the unlock slider does not respond whatsoever. I can still get the phone unlocked by dragging down the notification bar at the top and opening an app from there, then pressing the Home button. But no matter what I do, WidgetLocker won't respond. I've even killed the service and restarted it, and it's still locked up. The only thing that fixes it is rebooting the phone. Then it works for awhile but ends up locking up again at some point.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jesse
If you just wait a moment does it start to respond? Also does this only happen if you turn the screen off and back on rapidly?

I don't have an Evo yet so I couldn't experience this first hand, so it might be worse than I thought, but I was aware there would be a small delay if you turned the screen off and back on rapidly. It was to compensate for a bug that blocked long-search and long-home from the whole system.
(It's a bit confusing, I'll post more details in the evening when I have a chance).

Kevin, just wanted to give you an update - I decided to root my phone yesterday and switch to Cyanogen Mod 6 -- so far I have not had any issues with WidgetLocker :)

hermy65

Reaction score
not sure if i missed this somewhere in the thread but is it not possible to use the pure calendar widget on the lockscreen? When i add mine it just sits there and never populates my appointments and whatnot.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
not sure if i missed this somewhere in the thread but is it not possible to use the pure calendar widget on the lockscreen? When i add mine it just sits there and never populates my appointments and whatnot.

I use it on mine. I've had to add the refresh button to the widget though as sometimes it won't show any appointments, but other times it works. If I refresh, they come back though. Not sure if it's an issue with Pure Calendar or WL.

hermy65

Reaction score
I for the life of me cannot get it to work on the lock screen. I have added it and re-added it like 19 times and refreshed it about that many as well.

jestyr

Reaction score
Forgive me if this was answered earlier in the thread but it is quite a lengthy read at this point.

I have a security pattern enabled so when I swipe the unlock you get the dots. Pretty standard stuff there, no surprises thus far. But I can't get shortcuts to act the same way widgets do. I can launch a widget and have it work just fine, it's interactive. But the shortcuts still require me to unlock the phone. For instance if I do a custom slider and make one of the sides the camera app. It won't launch until the phone is unlocked. Is this just a limitation of Android? Or is there a work around that could be used to let shortcuts on the lockscreen launch?

Also, the brightness won't change while secured either. Just thought I would throw that in there.

any thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Is this just a limitation of Android? Or is there a work around that could be used to let shortcuts on the lockscreen launch?

Also, the brightness won't change while secured either. Just thought I would throw that in there.

I need to figure out the best approach for this but I think what you want is possible. If all shortcuts are allowed, and the Allow long-press was enabled then getting around then the security would be worthless. But I could maybe allow you to specific which apps are allowed without security.

Also you are correct about the brightness slider not working with security enabled on Android 2.1. But it seems to work fine in Android 2.2. I'm going to hold off on investigating for now as it seems 2.2 is going to be rolled out to many devices pretty soon.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Anybody else having a problem with the date displaying right? I'm using the Sense-inspired lockscreen, and it seems like the date isn't displaying properly, perhaps because of the length.

July 31, 2010 worked fine. But ever since it rolled over to August 1, 2010, all that's being displayed is "August 1,". No year.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Just tried it and it was fine …

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been having one problem for sometime now. Sometimes the hard keys which I have disabled in widgetlocker will wake my phone then the volume key will work. No idea but when it wakes it up it will stay on till I hit the lock button so sometimes I grab my phone from my pocket and the screen is on and the phone is hot.