WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

rmart88

Reaction score
Given your expertise in this area, I was wondering if you could possibly speak to the viability of an app or setting that would ‘lock’ the regular home screen and/or lock the widget locker screen and disable the click and drag to reorganize/add/remove items. My wife in particular has a problem where something she does has a tendency to move things around and confuses her. I’d like to be able to get it set up right and make is stay there, but allow some other action that would return it to normal function.

I deifnately second this request, but I think it should be as simple as (emphasis on "I THINK") extending the 'lock interactions' to lock the long press to add/remove/move widgets/shortcuts

Just want to say this again:

I LOVE THIS APP!! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Given your expertise in this area, I was wondering if you could possibly speak to the viability of an app or setting that would ‘lock’ the regular home screen and/or lock the widget locker screen and disable the click and drag to reorganize/add/remove items.

For WidgetLocker you want to uncheck Settings > Buttons & Inputs > Allow Long Press
It's still usable in Tool Mode, but not in Lock Mode.
A lock like this would be doable in a Home Replacement app, but very difficult, maybe impossible, as an extension to the existing Home.

The icon that locks/unlocks interactions doesn’t seem very intuitive to me. I can never remember if it should be green or gray. I wonder if an open vs closed padlock icon would be more intuitive?

I think the padlock would be too easily confused with unlocking the lock screen, rather than unlocking interactions. I am open to suggestions though, or even actual graphics if anyone is so inclined.

Glad you guys are enjoying WidgetLocker :)

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Bought it, but had to return it (unless someone can help me out). When it was locked, the volume rocker did not adjust media volume. Is this an issue for others? This was a huge deal-breaker for me

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey kevin I was winding if you could have a setting for how long it takes widgetlocker to activate. often the screen times out when I don't want it to but since widget locker does such a good job of replacing the lockscreen it automatically runs. I'm wondering if it's possible to give it a configurable number of seconds until weightlifter starts up again.

I know I could set the timeout longer but I'm worried that my phone will somehow activate itself in my pocket and never timeout. I probably could use screeble too, but just wanted to know if it's possible on widgetlocker.

Bought it, but had to return it (unless someone can help me out). When it was locked, the volume rocker did not adjust media volume. Is this an issue for others? This was a huge deal-breaker for me
Hmmm that's odd as I frequently use the volume rocker to lower my music while at the lock screen.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Hmmm that's odd as I frequently use the volume rocker to lower my music while at the lock screen.
Maybe I had conflicting apps then. I just did a hard wipe last night so the device is pretty fresh; I'll try it out again.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I had conflicting apps then. I just did a hard wipe last night so the device is pretty fresh; I'll try it out again.

Oh, remember you can only refund once. You'll be buying for real this time. Also did you happen to turn the volume rocket option on in the input section in the settings?

sc4fpse

Reaction score

Oh, remember you can only refund once. You'll be buying for real this time. Also did you happen to turn the volume rocket option on in the input section in the settings?

Aha! The other day, I thought I noticed that trying to adjust the volume on my Droid sometimes would fail, but I never realized that it was when I had my WidgetLocker lock screen activated. Read your comment, went and enabled it. Problem solved. :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
When it was locked, the volume rocker did not adjust media volume.

At the lock screen you can enable this in WidgetLocker Settings > Buttons & Inputs > Allow Volume Keys.
If you are talking about while the screen is off, this is a feature of some media players and will not work if WidgetLocker is set for "Easy Wake Mode".

Hey kevin I was winding if you could have a setting for how long it takes widgetlocker to activate.

What would happen in the mean time, no keyguard at all, or the system keyguard without WidgetLocker?

jaba14

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I have my home button set to go to Powerstrip. When I enable HomeHelper, and then try to select Powerstrip as my home, I get "Widget Locker has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
Any thoughts for how to fix this?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I have my home button set to go to Powerstrip. When I enable HomeHelper, and then try to select Powerstrip as my home, I get "Widget Locker has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
Thanks!

Yes. This only happens on the Droid it seems. I wrote up a fix for it today and will be including it in 1.2.5 for release in the next few days. (If you want it early send me an email and let me know if you want just the 1.2.5 beta or if you are interested in being on the beta mailing list).

jaba14

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Thanks!

Yes. This only happens on the Droid it seems. I wrote up a fix for it today and will be including it in 1.2.5 for release in the next few days. (If you want it early send me an email and let me know if you want just the 1.2.5 beta or if you are interested in being on the beta mailing list).

Interestingly, I'm actually on an Incredible.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Aha! The other day, I thought I noticed that trying to adjust the volume on my Droid sometimes would fail, but I never realized that it was when I had my WidgetLocker lock screen activated. Read your comment, went and enabled it. Problem solved. :)

Thanks!
;) np lol

Hey kevin I was winding if you could have a setting for how long it takes widgetlocker to activate.

What would happen in the mean time, no keyguard at all, or the system keyguard without WidgetLocker?
No keyguard at all, what happens is that I always have to press the back button in order to get back to what I was doing before it timed out.

FaxMan

Reaction score
Given your expertise in this area, I was wondering if you could possibly speak to the viability of an app or setting that would ‘lock’ the regular home screen and/or lock the widget locker screen and disable the click and drag to reorganize/add/remove items.

For WidgetLocker you want to uncheck Settings > Buttons & Inputs > Allow Long Press
It's still usable in Tool Mode, but not in Lock Mode.
A lock like this would be doable in a Home Replacement app, but very difficult, maybe impossible, as an extension to the existing Home.

The icon that locks/unlocks interactions doesn’t seem very intuitive to me. I can never remember if it should be green or gray. I wonder if an open vs closed padlock icon would be more intuitive?

I think the padlock would be too easily confused with unlocking the lock screen, rather than unlocking interactions. I am open to suggestions though, or even actual graphics if anyone is so inclined.

Glad you guys are enjoying WidgetLocker :)

Damn... Should have looked at settings re long press. Hey, at least that's another thing that WidgetLocker can do that you can't do on a regular home scree.

Re interactions toggle... Good point. I'll think about it.

New question/possible problem. Once or twice a day when I hit the home key (to go to regular home scree), I get 'loading'. It gives me the impression that the home screen has crashed and it is re-loading it. I also notice that it shows as an application on long home press.

I'm guessing that is simply a factor of the methods used to get everything working happily together, but not sure. It's not a terribly big deal for me, but wanted to let you know just in case.

wickedkae

Reaction score
Awesome app, bought it a week ago or so. i do have 1 problem though. No matter settings i use the volume keys ALWAYS wake my phone up. I only want the power button to do this, because the volume keys are easy to hit and are turning my phones screen on and its wasting battery. Anyway to do this?