Wi-Fi error after update

red21

Reaction score
So, my Droid Bionic performed some sort of upgrade this morning and now the WiFi won't turn and and just gives me an "error"? I do not want to reset since I have read so many that did that with no luck anyway. This stupid update most likely is the cause!!! Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

simons29

Reaction score
Having similar issue. Problem is resolved when wifi is off, however this means I'm having to use mobile data at home vs wifi. I dont want to be using mobile data at home.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mer2112

Reaction score
Application update or system update?

So, my Droid Bionic performed some sort of upgrade this morning and now the WiFi won't turn and and just gives me an "error"? I do not want to reset since I have read so many that did that with no luck anyway. This stupid update most likely is the cause!!! Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Batman8

Reaction score

I've noticed similar issues since my .901 upgrade, and all I can do when it happens is reboot and then wifi works again.

OP
R

red21

Reaction score
Application update or system update?

I believe it was a system update. I am new to these phones, but it looked like a system update with a black screen and rebooted after it was finished. I tried
clearing the cache and booting into SAFE mode, but it still did not work. The local Verizon store says that a hard reset is my only choice. But, since I have only
had the phone for two weeks and JUST got everything setup the way I want, I really don't want to do that! Who's to say it really will fix the issue?

Reaction score
Yea, you never know for sure if the factory reset will work until you do it. It usually does fix system update issues. A system update can fix signal issues but it may require a reset since the update may not be compatible with the past drivers that are still present. Write everything down, setup and applications and do the reset. If it does not fox the problem then you are one step ahead of what Verizon will do anyway.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Tonik

Reaction score
The local Verizon store says that a hard reset is my only choice.

You are not going to get anywhere until you do a reset. They are not going to replace the phone until you do, and even if they do you still have to set it up again. Plus the reality is that a hard reset is probably going to fix the problem.

The sooner you start the sooner it will be over. :biggrin: