Droid Razr wi-fi won't turn on

gregjones

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and now the Wifi won't turn on on my Droid Razr. It says 'Error' every time I try to turn on wifi in the Settings. Any suggestions on what to do. I did a factory reset again hoping it might fix the problem but no luck. It is running Gingerbread. I am not a smartphone nerd so I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forum... there's that term again... nerd... lol. When you did the fdr, did you select erease data??

Try holding volume down and power until the device shuts off.. also, have you tried going into settings, about phone, system updates... and taking the update to ics?

You'll probably like it

OP
G

gregjones

Reaction score
Welcome to the droid forum... there's that term again... nerd... lol. When you did the fdr, did you select erease data??

Try holding volume down and power until the device shuts off.. also, have you tried going into settings, about phone, system updates... and taking the update to ics?

You'll probably like it

Thank you for your reply. I did erase all the data while doing fdr. Also, I tried the holding volume down and power but wifi still not working. Same message. It says 'Turning on' for about ten seconds and then an 'Error' while turning the wifi on.

I won't be able to upgrade to ICS until I can connect my wifi. Any other suggestions?

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm assuming you are not rooted since you said you're not a smartphone nerd. (me neither :)) If that is not the case, let us know.

You can turn off wifi and on data to get the ICS update - you don't need wifi.

If that doesn't work, you may need to go to a dealer with it.

SallyC

Reaction score
The other thing that occurs to me too is to try connecting to wifi at a different location and see if that works. Or unplug your router for a minute, then plug it back in. There may be something specifically between your router and your phone going on.