wi-fi issues

fahszybear

Reaction score
I have a droid razr using wi-fi to watch movies on my directv app my razr keeps buffering every 2-3 minutes so I tried watching the same movie on my wife's iphone 5 watched the entire thing with no problems anyone had any problems with the wifi on there razr

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
I don't know about your Wi-Fi setup, if the signal is strong or weak.

Go to your settings, Wi-Fi, Settings[lower left soft key], Advanced. Make sure the "Avoid poor connections" is not checked.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A lot of people are having this issue.. Its usually traced back to a router not playing well with the device... Motorolas issue here...

Try rebooting the router... How old is the router... Also the above mentioned steps.. Could help

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The chances are excellent that the router is the problem. WiFi Analyser is a good app for looking at possible channel overlap and signal strength. Also look at the possibiliy of changing your security if you are on WEP to WPA2. First thing to try is restarting the router. You may want to find a public hotspot or 2 to see if you still have the same issaue. That would narrow it down to your router if it improved somewhere else.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
my wi-fi automatically detects network how can I disable it.

Welcome to the forum

This differs a little from phone to phone but if you go to settings where the WiFi connections are and tap the soft menu key then advanced there should be options for Network Notifications and Auto Connect thaty can be disabled.