Why Should the Pro receive Gingerbread next?

hotkoko

Reaction score
Because pro is the best phone hands down

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Why shouldn't it? It's just as deserving as any other phone.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
The keyword was next. There are other Moto phones that have better sales and some might ask why the Pro is priority be hind the X series.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The Droid X already has GB and I am sure the X 2 will have it around the same time all Pro users get it. Don't even see the point is worrying about it Moto is going to do whatever they want, it does not matter what device we think should get what first. I think the Pro is being targeted because they are still trying to secure the business market from BB's.

hal83

Reaction score
i think the pro got gingerbread because they just released the xprt with gingerbread for sprint (new phones should have the latest updates). no droid 2 global equivalent came out (yet) for verizon or a different carrier. in addition, they wanted the blackberry users in order to increase the popularity of the phone.

they released a buggy, unstable phone (compared to the droid 2) and so they updated it to gingerbread quicker.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
It has not been updated yet and wont be for another 3 weeks... very few people received the ota and that ota ud was not a genuine moto gingerbread update. It was not released by Moto.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Btw have you guys noticed the increased marketing for the Pro lately?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah all updates are not released by Moto they are actually sent directly to our phones from Apple to try and keep the OS down so we won't be better than them. I thought everyone knew that.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah all updates are not released by Moto they are actually sent directly to our phones from Apple to try and keep the OS down so we won't be better than them. I thought everyone knew that.

Really? I heard it was RIM trying to steal back the Blackberry defectors.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah dude they totally cracked the 2048 bit encrypted signed keys.

Oh no wait, they held a gun to the moto engineers and had them turn it over.

Sent from my A855.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Yes that is exactly what I am saying they have done. Apparently you are only susceptible to it if u manually pull the ota ud. They advise u to wait for the notification that it has been pushed to your phone. Its amazing what people can do hacking these days. I have a feeling its only going to get worse before it gets better. Better security features are being developed but sure to bypassed soon after release. Vicious circle.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

They warned me and told me that when the Dx UD was released is when it started. That's why they pulled the Pro ud. I believe that's why we still haven't heard much about it. Tell every1 to use caution downloading ota UD.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

Exactly.

The OP claims the OTA update isn't real because it hasn't been announced. Well, if Motorola's virtually unbreakable bootloader encryption has been broken, and if their servers have been hacked to allow this "bogus" update to be sent to users, there would be a warning or announcement. Additionally, they wouldn't allow the system to keep sending out this "bogus" update several days later.

And they certainly wouldn't only tell one individual user about it and no one else.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

They warned me and told me that when the Dx UD was released is when it started. That's why they pulled the Pro ud. I believe that's why we still haven't heard much about it. Tell every1 to use caution downloading ota UD.

You make me lol.

Sent from my A855.