Why Should the Pro receive Gingerbread next?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't understand what the confusion is all about. I received the OTA myself. And it happened to look the exact same (build.prop wise) as the screenshots people have posted of their droid pro receiving the OTA. I refuse to believe that the OTA I received was sent to my phone by "hackers". That's just utterly absurd.

StingRay

Reaction score
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

They warned me and told me that when the Dx UD was released is when it started. That's why they pulled the Pro ud. I believe that's why we still haven't heard much about it. Tell every1 to use caution downloading ota UD.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

The first mistake you're making is taking anything that comes from a supposed Motorola rep as fact...

As someone who has been on the Motorola forums for some time, is a member of the “magical” Motorola Feedback Network, and was involved in the SOAK for the DROID Pro update back in April, I eventually learned that the Moto reps are not very forthcoming, and many times misleading, even to those that are supposed to be testing updates for them. Their “support” for those of us needing a fix for exchange email on the Pro has been lacking.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
I don't understand what the confusion is all about. I received the OTA myself. And it happened to look the exact same (build.prop wise) as the screenshots people have posted of their droid pro receiving the OTA. I refuse to believe that the OTA I received was sent to my phone by "hackers". That's just utterly absurd.

Look im not saying that your ota ud was a hack. Im just saying that hackers are and are capable of sending out ota 'ud' . Now I know this because several people at Moto told me that they were experiencing issues with the otaud because hackers are sending out their own otaud's and did so on a massive scale with the DROID x release. I would have blown it off had I not talked to 2 other employees about the same issue. Again im not saying that u have received this but please believe it is possible and apparently has already been happening.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

They warned me and told me that when the Dx UD was released is when it started. That's why they pulled the Pro ud. I believe that's why we still haven't heard much about it. Tell every1 to use caution downloading ota UD.

The first mistake you're making is taking anything that comes from a supposed Motorola rep as fact...

As someone who has been on the Motorola forums for some time, is a member of the “magical” Motorola Feedback Network, and was involved in the SOAK for the DROID Pro update back in April, I eventually learned that the Moto reps are not very forthcoming, and many times misleading, even to those that are supposed to be testing updates for them. Their “support” for those of us needing a fix for exchange email on the Pro has been lacking.

You are a complete farce.

You want us to do research, I do some.

You want us to call VZW, we do.

You then say, well they don't know what they are talking about?

Wow. Epic fail.

Give me a phone number of a person I can look up that I will know works for VZW that can verify your story.

Oh wait, then you say "I'm not saying your OTA is a hacked one."

What are you saying?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
And why would they patch it so all exploits to obtain root access no longer work? (Except the two zip file method of course, which I'm running)

Clearly because the hackers don't want you to be able to hack.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, he started another thread with the same false information.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score

Wow I started a thread on the forum it belongs on and gave it a thread name so u all can go there and talk about the misinfo if u want. I started this thread because it seems as though the DP is getting the ud and alot of ATRIX and d2 users are upset Pro users are getting it first. Next time I know something that the manufacturer of my phone states is true, i'll keep it to myself. In the meantime go check out my thread in the DROID X forum and let it all out. :)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wow I started a thread on the forum it belongs on and gave it a thread name so u all can go there and talk about the misinfo if u want. I started this thread because it seems as though the DP is getting the ud and alot of ATRIX and d2 users are upset Pro users are getting it first. Next time I know something that the manufacturer of my phone states is true, i'll keep it to myself. In the meantime go check out my thread in the DROID X forum and let it all out. :)

Nobody believes you, you have no references to back your claim up.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Google to fix Android security flaw - AfterDawn

Doesn't this imply that its possible. Weird timing too.

No. That has nothing to do with an OTA update. That's talking about unencrypted information that is sent over WiFi that hackers can steal. It's completely different, so no, it doesn't even imply that it's possible.

Nice try though.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
By far the greatest post ever on these forums. Very entertaining :) i would like this post if it had the like button on here

Sent from my DROID PRO

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

No. That has nothing to do with an OTA update. That's talking about unencrypted information that is sent over WiFi that hackers can steal. It's completely different, so no, it doesn't even imply that it's possible.

Nice try though.

I'm enjoying this. I don't see a video, and he even edited this post to try to cover it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Nice try though.

I'm enjoying this. I don't see a video, and he even edited this post to try to cover it.

It was probably the hackers who edited the post. They want full credit for their seemingly impossible dastardly deeds, not for taking paltry unencrypted WiFi data that anyone could snag.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nice try though.

It was probably the hackers who edited the post. They want full credit for their seemingly impossible dastardly deeds, not for taking paltry unencrypted WiFi data that anyone could snag.

+1 lol