Why Should the Pro receive Gingerbread next?

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Exactly.

The OP claims the OTA update isn't real because it hasn't been announced. Well, if Motorola's virtually unbreakable bootloader encryption has been broken, and if their servers have been hacked to allow this "bogus" update to be sent to users, there would be a warning or announcement. Additionally, they wouldn't allow the system to keep sending out this "bogus" update several days later.

And they certainly wouldn't only tell one individual user about it and no one else.

Ok you caught me. Im lying and have made all of this up. Why don't u take 30 mins out of your blogging time and call and find out. Tell them you've received an ota for the gingerbread ud on your DROID pro. They will explain everything to you in small words with a heavy accent.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Has moto ever warned us about a bogus OTA that may be floating around? You'd think they would in the very least for damage control so people won't hold moto accountable for attacks from these hackers

They warned me and told me that when the Dx UD was released is when it started. That's why they pulled the Pro ud. I believe that's why we still haven't heard much about it. Tell every1 to use caution downloading ota UD.

You make me lol.

Sent from my A855.

Why is that. I don't think the Dx users are laughing. But what the hell hahahaha

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Exactly.

The OP claims the OTA update isn't real because it hasn't been announced. Well, if Motorola's virtually unbreakable bootloader encryption has been broken, and if their servers have been hacked to allow this "bogus" update to be sent to users, there would be a warning or announcement. Additionally, they wouldn't allow the system to keep sending out this "bogus" update several days later.

And they certainly wouldn't only tell one individual user about it and no one else.

Ok you caught me. Im lying and have made all of this up. Why don't u take 30 mins out of your blogging time and call and find out. Tell them you've received an ota for the gingerbread ud on your DROID pro. They will explain everything to you in small words with a heavy accent.

For some odd reason, you seem to think you're the only person with legitimate information, and that you're the only person with a Droid Pro who has asked about any of this stuff.

The fact is that a lot of people have asked, and that a lot of users who actually have legitimate information have posted about things. You're the only person who has ever said anything about Motorola's bootloader being cracked and their OTA update system being hacked. If you step back and think about it, you've got to admit that story is pretty far fetched...especially considering you're the only person saying it. And then you feel the need to lash out at people because they don't believe someone claiming to have inside knowledge that's completely out of left field without any sort of proof whatsoever.

If your information is legitimate, act professional about it, back it up with sources, or just wait to be proven correct. You're going to continue to catch a lot of flack and skepticism because you're claiming to know things that no one else does and that no one else has even remotely heard of.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Everything read has an orgin. Do u go around finding things to dismiss as false just because your oblivious? Why attack some1 and not just call them and ask them specifically what im talking about. They will tell you what I've said is true. Until u can do that kindly go away. Polietly :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...much...anger...here...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score

Sorry it can be annoying when someone goes from thread to thread disputing everything. It's fine though i'm going to post a video on Youtube tomorrow just to shut him up. ;)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Everything read has an orgin. Do u go around finding things to dismiss as false just because your oblivious? Why attack some1 and not just call them and ask them specifically what im talking about. They will tell you what I've said is true. Until u can do that kindly go away. Polietly :)

Sorry it can be annoying when someone goes from thread to thread disputing everything. It's fine though i'm going to post a video on Youtube tomorrow just to shut him up. ;)

Ha, ha. Wow.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I won't hold my breath.

Are you part of lulzsec?

Sent from my A855.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Please hold it. That will just make me take longer to post it though. Ill probably post 2nite give me few.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Please hold it. That will just make me take longer to post it though.

Seriously. Comments like that are completely uncalled for and are the reason no one believes you.

OP
ImaDroidPro

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score

Seriously. Comments like that are completely uncalled for and are the reason no one believes you.

Omg unsubscribe to this thread. Did u take the time to call Moto? Or even google it. There is a couple existing stories about stolen google security tokens allowing ota encrypted hacking!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We are only "oblivious" because we have only seen an OTA, loaded to some folks, which is all we have to go on.

So, maybe you should think about this as us, since you "know."

After this OTA shows up, you, person of 8 posts at the time, lays claim to Moto/VZW being hacked/held up/cracked, calls us oblivious about what is actually going on, says he is an insider, but provides no source, proof, or otherwise.

Just take a moment and realize, what you are up against.

Sent from my A855.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Omg unsubscribe to this thread. Did u take the time to call Moto? Or even google it. There is a couple existing stories about stolen google security tokens allowing ota encrypted hacking!

Where are the stories? Just provide a link to back up your claims. You're the one with the burden of proof here, not anyone else.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Those "stories" are for connecting to your google account via android. They have nothing to do with OTA updates.

That was a rollout as of early May.

I did my research, where is my video? And what the hell are you videotaping that will make me believe you? The VZW CEO at your house?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Verizon Tech Support: "Hi thank you for calling Verizon tech support how may I help you?"

Me: "Yeah I heard a rumor that the OTA update that was sent out to a few phones was not a legitimate one and it was the work of hackers."

Verizon Tech Support: "No not at all I have not heard of anything like that, the update did get rolled out early to a number of users but we pulled it from the server."

Me: "Ok so it was a valid update just released a little early, and everyone one should see it here after awhile"

Verizon Tech Support: "Yes it was a valid update but we pulled it to make sure it was stable enough to send out to everyone, we are in know way "hacked" or sending out bad updates"

Me: "Oh that is great news you have a wonderful day"

Verizon Tech Support: "You too, and thank you for calling Verizon Wireless."

Bam story debunked.