Droid Pro receives no love. What gives?

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
Mine tends to randomly reboot some times for no apparent reason, but also if I receive a text at the exact moment I end a call too. Also, at times, my bluetooth will refuse to toggle on, or cause a reboot while trying to toggle it on. Videos/live news feeds tend to cause my phone to reboot as well.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

u call them random, but i can complete every 1 of those actions with no issue. something you added is creating the problem, or you got a bad phone. you can sit and wait for moto to update, but i highly doubt it will magicly fix Your issues... try troubleshooting installed apps! not knowing the cause does not equal no cause, apparent or otherwise ;)

Every app that I have, my wife has.

Her phone doesn't do it.

Yes, it can be a phone issue and is a widespread one. Drives me insane to see people dismiss such terrible quality control.

you have evidence it isnt an app issue simply because your wife has same apps? therefore it can only be a poor quality phone? so did you start downloading day 1 or did you discover your issues first? probably the former. so many things occur differently from one person to the next, from downloading, installing, registering app, the order downloaded. i hope you r under warranty or have insurance. there is a chance its a bad phone, but until you troubleshoot the apps by uninstalling them, reinstalling them 1 at a time, giving time between each install to determine if the issues reappear, i dont see how you can lay this at the manufacturer's feet. and an update will do squat for you, as im sure your issues are not nearly as widespread as you believe. you hear a few hot button terms and automatically diagnose yourself with that problem. until you actually take the time to assess your individual downloads and installs, on your phone, you will never know the answer. if you prefer to piss, moan, blame, and be bitter...by all means...thats up to you. fixes nothing, but go ahead.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I haven't had any random reboots on my Droid Pro yet (and I hope they don't start happening), but I did have random reboots on my Droid X. A lot of people said "it has to be something you installed" over and over again. I uninstalled everything and did several factory resets, but it still kept rebooting. Then I ran the phone 100% stock (after factory resets and .sbf flashes) without downloading any apps for several days, and it still randomly rebooted. The reboots started after I received an over the air update, and never occurred before then. Several other people experienced the same problem. There was something about that update that didn't play nicely with my phone (and the phones of many other people) that didn't have anything to do with anything I had installed. I'm not saying that somehow something didn't get on my phone to cause the issues, but it was nothing that I knowingly directly did or installed. Many people wouldn't believe that...until it started happening to them. I'm not sure how widespread the issues actually was or is, but my guess is that it wasn't affecting an enormous amount of people or else Verizon would have had to address the issue (or one would think they would with such a popular device).

Everything has been great so far on my Pro. Hopefully none of the reboot issues pop up.

Last edited:

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
I haven't had any random reboots on my Droid Pro yet (and I hope they don't start happening), but I did have random reboots on my Droid X. A lot of people said "it has to be something you installed" over and over again. I uninstalled everything and did several factory resets, but it still kept rebooting. Then I ran the phone 100% stock (after factory resets and .sbf flashes) without downloading any apps for several days, and it still randomly rebooted. The reboots started after I received an over the air update, and never occurred before then. Several other people experienced the same problem. There was something about that update that didn't play nicely with my phone (and the phones of many other people) that didn't have anything to do with anything I had installed. I'm not saying that somehow something didn't get on my phone to cause the issues, but it was nothing that I knowingly directly did or installed. Many people wouldn't believe that...until it started happening to them. I'm not sure how widespread the issues actually was or is, but my guess is that it wasn't affecting an enormous amount of people or else Verizon would have had to address the issue (or one would think they would with such a popular device).

Everything has been great so far on my Pro. Hopefully none of the reboot issues pop up.

try NOT rooting in the first place

mÿ phone worked fine until i did something my contract forbids and the manufacturer advises against
maybe the update tagged you as rooted and screwed up your phone... i dont know, just an idear...most of the time, these reboot issues arise way after the fact of original purchase... let me point out that there is the occasional issue out of the box...just warranty replace then... but 9 times outta 10 it can be traced to app or user error.

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
Her phone doesn't do it.

I have evidence that Android phones can secretly reboot without resetting the uptime counter to zero. Unless one is constantly watching the phone, it could have restarted while nobody was watching.

If Google made boot.log available/visible on Android phones, we can verify.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
mÿ phone worked fine until i did something my contract forbids and the manufacturer advises against

(Not sure where in this thread the quote above came from)

I wonder if the Carriers are cracking down on rooted users...

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
Her phone doesn't do it.

I have evidence that Android phones can secretly reboot without resetting the uptime counter to zero. Unless one is constantly watching the phone, it could have restarted while nobody was watching.

mine has never rebooted as far as i know... but if it does so "secretly" then maybe it is suppose to. if my phones secretly rebooting itself, it causing zero negative consequences for me...reboot away!

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
(Not sure where in this thread the quote above came from)

I wonder if the Carriers are cracking down on rooted users...

its a mock quote creditted to no one inparticular... i can just hear it being said in my mind....

as far as cracking down :

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

just fyi...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to say this for a while. The reason it receives no love is it looks too much like a Blackberry!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Just kidding, no need to send nasty pm's. I think it's a fine phone.

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
I've been wanting to say this for a while. The reason it receives no love is it looks too much like a Blackberry!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

the convenience of a great form factor on the hands down best platform....we own the good twin! ;)

droid-pro-vs-blackberry-600x428.jpg

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

LOL...gee Hook, I hope you're not right...but you never know.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

the convenience of a great form factor on the hands down best platform....we own the good twin! ;)

+1...well said.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
u call them random, but i can complete every 1 of those actions with no issue. something you added is creating the problem, or you got a bad phone. you can sit and wait for moto to update, but i highly doubt it will magicly fix Your issues... try troubleshooting installed apps! not knowing the cause does not equal no cause, apparent or otherwise ;)

Her phone doesn't do it.

Yes, it can be a phone issue and is a widespread one. Drives me insane to see people dismiss such terrible quality control.

you have evidence it isnt an app issue simply because your wife has same apps? therefore it can only be a poor quality phone? so did you start downloading day 1 or did you discover your issues first? probably the former. so many things occur differently from one person to the next, from downloading, installing, registering app, the order downloaded. i hope you r under warranty or have insurance. there is a chance its a bad phone, but until you troubleshoot the apps by uninstalling them, reinstalling them 1 at a time, giving time between each install to determine if the issues reappear, i dont see how you can lay this at the manufacturer's feet. and an update will do squat for you, as im sure your issues are not nearly as widespread as you believe. you hear a few hot button terms and automatically diagnose yourself with that problem. until you actually take the time to assess your individual downloads and installs, on your phone, you will never know the answer. if you prefer to piss, moan, blame, and be bitter...by all means...thats up to you. fixes nothing, but go ahead.

My phone is under warranty, and I did have it replaced.

New one did it without having ANY apps downloaded.

One of us is using actual evidence and experience. The other is being a fanboy. I love my phone (except for the fact that constant reboots really suck), but I'm no fanboy.

Her phone doesn't do it.

Fortunately, on a Droid PRO, your conspiracy theory (which I assume you're joking about) is irrelevant since the loud DROID sound comes through every time it reboots ;)

silver6054

Reaction score

Her phone doesn't do it.

And, to turn it around, you have evidence that it is not his phone because?? Yours works? You sound a little like our friend moto_mike who maintained that there was no Exchange issue whatsoever, everyone was just set up incorrectly.

OP
H
Reaction score

This is the exact reason why I chose the Pro. I love Android OS, and I love the design of the device itself. Having been a longtime Blackberry user, naturally I was drawn to this device when looking at Droids.

I just don't want to jump from one device that had issues and received limited updates, to another device that receives limited updates. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this device, but the random reboots, even when my phone is just sitting there unused, is getting annoying.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums