Why cant we get 4.4?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Supposed to be, but most don't pay any mind to it. Meh, I'd share too.

Sent from my DE Moto X

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
@PereDroid...it is my understanding that if you sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network, and are invited to participate in a Soak Test, and agree to participate, that it is to remain confidential.
I don't know the particulars of the Motorola Soak Test, but I know with similar things that I am/have been involved with, they don't gag you from sharing that you're involved, but they don't want you to discuss anything else about it...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Exactly. I only told you I got an invite. I didn't tell you if I signed up to do it.
And an invite certainly does not guarantee acceptance.
Just can't discuss it after I agree.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I think this five month old thread should be closed. Five months and still really nothing. By the time should it roll out... Most on here will have ditched this pos by then.

sineater

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you are the only one who thinks its a pos...the phone is fine updates are a little frustrating

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Ok, all BS aside, how do I, simply, just clean this phone to factory settings, and just have phone numbers? I will after that point add apps if needed.

My phone is so slow, if I tap, say, Navigation (stock app), I literally dont even watch it load, just look away and wait.

I know this is a 2 year old phone now, but this, I can only hope is happening to me.

If one of you guys saw it and said "Yeah, so what, looks good to me", the inner fury would come out of me so hard, that person would be drinking their meals for the rest of their lives threw a straw.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
@PereDroid...it is my understanding that if you sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network, and are invited to participate in a Soak Test, and agree to participate, that it is to remain confidential.

LOL, what do you have to sign an NDA? WHO CARES

sineater

Reaction score
Make sure all your contacts are saved to your SD card, then remove it from the phone and do a factory reset...that would be the easiest way to do it...you will lose all pics and music if not saved to the sd card as well though...but that would put you back to fresh out of the box

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
How do I save contacts to the SD card? And is it one by one etc.? I thought Verizon has them all stored? TY.

sineater

Reaction score
Ya as long a you have the back up set up your fine...must people do so you should be ok

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If the contacts are stored under your G Mail account, they are stored on Google servers and no need to back up, they will automatically sync to any phone with that G Mail account. It all depends on what options you selected when the contacts were first entered.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
How do I save contacts to the SD card? And is it one by one etc.? I thought Verizon has them all stored? TY.

Your contacts should be saved to your Google account. Check this by navigating to settings> Accounts (Google)> Then just check (or uncheck) everything that you would like to have backed up through Google. It'll all be uploaded again when you sign in post-factory reset. One way to double check to ensure everything is backed up is to log into Google through your computer and check to see if your contacts and whatever else is synced correctly.

sineater

Reaction score
Thanks for adding that...I guess I shouldn't assume everyone knows how to check that